Corvair Club I Kelowna

Post by kirkquesnel »

Does anyone know if there is a Corvair Club in Kelowna, BC
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Corvair Club I Kelowna

Post by bbodie52 »

:welcome2: :wave: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

I guess when you live in Canada you somehow get used to the huge distances between regions or towns. There is a CORSA club chapter that focuses on Corvair owners in western Canada, and there is another CORSA chapter in the Seattle, Washington area and another in the Spokane, Washington area. I will list those that would be closest to you.

There are a few CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters in Canada and northern-tier states in the USA, but like Canada, they are spread out over a wide area with lots of space in-between! I will list some CORSA contact information for western Canada here.

Joining CORSA (Corvair Society of America) is another good way to learn more about Corvairs.

CORSA (Corvair Society of America) Chapter Locator
Locating a local CORSA chapter near you can be very helpful, and attending meetings, parties, Corvair shows, etc. can greatly add to the enjoyment of your Corvair
https://www.corvair.org/index.php?optio ... crmSID=3_u

Here is the Canadian CORSA club contact information (230 miles/371 km).

CORSA Chapter Locator - Western Canada CORSA
Chapter ID: WCC
Organization Name: Western Canada CORSA
Street Address (Primary): 1750 Westminster Ave., Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada

Joel Rushworth - President - Vancouver Island regional director, info@westerncanadacorsa.com
Shaun McGarvey - Vice President - Lower Mainland regional director, shaun_mcgarvey@shaw.ca
Dave Beddome - Alberta regional director, dbeddome@shaw.ca
Les Honke - Manitoba regional director, webmaster, corvair@mts.net
Merv Krull - BC Interior regional director, krupross@sunwave.net
Paul McGroarty - Treasurer, pmcgroarty@shaw.ca

Email (Primary): info@westerncanadacorsa.com
Membership Information - Come Join Our Group

Western Canada Corsa currently boasts a membership or of over 150 members with local representation in 6 different regions of Western Canada and associate members from the US Northwest! This combined with our own local email list server and WCC website gives members access to more information resources for Corvairs in Western Canada then is provided by any other organization. Basic membership is FREE so what are you waiting for?

Based on Vancouver Island, this club services the largest geographic area of any Corvair club ( Corsa itself excluded, of course) From the Pacific, east to Manitoba it covers 2,911,268 sq km (approx. 1,124,047 sq mi)

Membership dues are currently FREE for those living in Western Canada, until the next October after you join (this is our FREE TRIAL period) - then we'll ask for $20 (CDN) annually.
This CORSA club in the Northwest USA may also be useful (about 256 miles/412 km).

CORSA Chapter Locator - Inland Northwest Corvair Club
Chapter ID: 990
Organization Name: Inland Northwest Corvair Club
Street Address (Primary): P.O. Box 9689, Spokane, WA 99209-9689
President: Dave Fender, (509) 533-1188, 2102 E Mission Ave, Spokane, WA 99202, davefender@comcast.net
Vice President: Tom Schager, (509) 448-6347, 4908 S Ashton Ct, Spokane, WA 99223, tomkat560@msn.com
Secretary: Don Maak, (509) 924-7398, 2622 S Raymond Rd, Spokane, WA 99206, impalass61@gmail.com
Treasurer: Dave McChesney, (509) 325-2072, 2504 W Walton Ave, Spokane, WA 99205, daveeva@comcast.net
Director: Lance Jordan, (208) 664-5115, 2247 S Searchlight Ln, Coeur D Alene, ID 83814 corvairsrus@hotmail.com
Editor: Craig Nicol, (208) 765-2360, 5615 W Highland Dr, Coeur D Alene, ID 83814
Newsletter Name: Rear Engine Review
Email (Primary): CorvairClub@comcast.net

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

Corvair Forum :link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your Corvair, and your goals for your Corvair. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you and your Corvair will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Pictures are great too, because pictures of your Corvair will help us to visualize where you are with your Corvair and its condition at the present time. Knowing your location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities to resolve some issues or problems.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Corvair Talk”