65 quick steering adapters

Anything Corvair related
joewryan

65 quick steering adapters

Post by joewryan »

Does anyone know where I can find the 65 quick steering adapter arms? I'm having trouble finding them at my favorite suppliers.

Joe
terribleted

Re: 65 quick steering adapters

Post by terribleted »

What part are you trying to find? Quick steering arms or replacements for damaged arms on a car that has factory quick steering? Clark’s has quick steering arms on page 155 of their catalog. These arms are as described in the catalog and are made to be used with a standard non quick steering box.These arms are not replacements for factory quick arms.

The factory quick steering had a faster steering box and different steering arms. These parts must be found used if you are trying to add factory quick steering. Clark’s lists rebuilt quick steering boxes but you would need to source factory quick arms to use with it.
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
joewryan

Post by joewryan »

terribleted wrote:What part are you trying to find? Quick steering arms or replacements for damaged arms on a car that has factory quick steering? Clark’s has quick steering arms on page 155 of their catalog. These arms are as described in the catalog and are made to be used with a standard non quick steering box.These arms are not replacements for factory quick arms.

The factory quick steering had a faster steering box and different steering arms. These parts must be found used if you are trying to add factory quick steering. Clark’s lists rebuilt quick steering boxes but you would need to source factory quick arms to use with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
joewryan

Post by joewryan »

I have the factory box, and am looking for the aftermarket quick arms. Clarks is out of stock for 6-8 weeks, if then.

terribleted

Post by terribleted »

IC👍
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.

joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

I've got some from Clark's with the bolts. I'll take $100 plus actual shipping.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
joewryan

Post by joewryan »

Hi Joelsplace. $100 for the fast steering adapters from Clarks, right? If so, I'll take them. Can you ship priority mail and I'll mail you a check for the mail + arms?

Joe
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

I sent you a message with my phone and address but it is sitting in my outbox. Moderators???
I got your PM.
Northlake, TX
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Your PM will remain in your Outbox until the addressed recipient actually opens it and reads it. Then it moves over to Sent Messages.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

Ok. Strange but that explains it.
Northlake, TX
skipvair

Post by skipvair »

terribleted wrote:What part are you trying to find? Quick steering arms or replacements for damaged arms on a car that has factory quick steering? Clark’s has quick steering arms on page 155 of their catalog. These arms are as described in the catalog and are made to be used with a standard non quick steering box.These arms are not replacements for factory quick arms.

Clarks lists
Them, but when I checked, they didn’t have any. Said they had rebuilt less than a half dozen in 10 or 15 years.

Frank Metasavage

65 Corsa 140 4 speed with Weber IDAs
66 Corsa 140 4 speed Stock
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

skipvair wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:53 pm

Clarks lists
Them, but when I checked, they didn’t have any. Said they had rebuilt less than a half dozen in 10 or 15 years.

Unfortunately some things are like that.

Return to “Corvair Talk”