Post by bbodie52 »

Image ::-): :woo:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
toytron

Re: OPG Corvair

Post by toytron »

Yeah I got that too but when I went on their website it is still lacking. Mostly generic parts from what I have seen.

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
Folgers57

Post by Folgers57 »

toytron wrote:Yeah I got that too but when I went on their website it is still lacking. Mostly generic parts from what I have seen.

Ed Stevenson
Yep, hopefully by next year this time they will be stocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Some time ago I did some price comparisons between OPGI and Clark's Corvair Parts. Generally, I found that Clark's inventory and catalog was far more extensive than anything that OPGI could offer, and that Clark's prices were better, too! Shop carefully! Low price is not everything, but extensive and accurate inventory, product knowledge, etc. is. Clark's and other experienced Corvair specialty vendors need our continued support to survive. Keep that in mind when you shop, because there is no way that the local auto parts store will ever come close to providing the kind of support you can get from Clark's. And if Clark's were to go under, where would Corvair owners throughout the world go to?

:link: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=13640&p=95611&hili ... son#p95611
Brad Bodie
toytron

Post by toytron »

I wholly agree with you Brad. I like using our existing vendors. I would like to see more sheet metal though. I would also like to see some unique stuff like the old Warshawsky/ JC Whitney "everything automotive" where you could get the weird stuff along with the corvair, Volkswagen, jeep. I remember looking at those catalogs as a kid wishing I was old enough to do custom stuff to a car.

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair monza
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

:my02:
It would be nice if there were someone out there interested enough in Corvairs that has deep enough pockets to invest in, and then offer something like a high quality OE equivalent fitting front panel for early and late cars then be rewarded with enough sales to then invest in and produce other panels like fenders, quarter panels, door skins, and rear body panels.
I was kind of hoping that OPG might actually be in a position to fill that void but it appears that isn't likely to happen. First they need do a better job with the Corvair parts than they have to date....I am disappointed that their Corvair catalog is filled with so much useless and generic junk instead of worthwhile parts. :td:
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

With vendors like Davemotohead and Jeff at Calif. Corvair selling good solid used Western sheet metal there seems to be little demand for new Corvair panels that would cost more and usually don't fit exactly like the originals. The exception is the battery tray and lower rear fender that is a common rust out area due to leaking batteries. Clark's DOES sell those reproduction parts.

A club in L.A., CA. had a 65-66 used drv. side front fender with wheel wheel and part of the front panel and could not GIVE IT AWAY! It went to the crusher.
toytron

Post by toytron »

Yeah but they are further west than half of the country.

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair monza
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

toytron wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:40 pm

...I would also like to see some unique stuff like the old Warshawsky/ JC Whitney "everything automotive" where you could get the weird stuff along with the corvair, Volkswagen, jeep. I remember looking at those catalogs as a kid wishing I was old enough to do custom stuff to a car...

Ed Stevenson
Maybe OPGI could bring these back, along with wolf whistles, fuzzy dice for the rear view mirror, etc...
:woo:

and maybe...

I used to have one of these in my 1965 Corsa coupe back in 1971. It is basically a coil with transistorized switching, but they appear to work OK.

And I'm sure that OPGI could reproduce these jewels for EM Corvairs (1963 and earlier). I had one on the 1962 Monza that I drove on my wedding day in 1972...

Below is a advertisement for an aftermarket EMPI transverse leaf spring (no longer manufactured) for 1963 and earlier Corvairs. Chevrolet added their own transverse leaf spring in the 1964 model year (standard on all models), along with the front anti-sway bar that had previously been standard in 1962-1963 on Spyders and optional on other Corvairs.

Brad Bodie

Return to “Corvair Talk”