New Book

Humor, Politics, etc...
Freejax

New Book

Post by Freejax »

Hey guys got a new book today that I ordered from Petersons that I never new existed. Had do do some tapeing when it arrived but all in all I am happy with this purchase.
Corvair Book.jpg
Happy Building all!
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: New Book

Post by bbodie52 »

Generally in the past I have found books like the Chilton's manuals (for any car) to be too generic in nature, containing some limited information specific to the target vehicle for the "shade tree mechanic", and supplemented by generic information that applies to any vehicle to try to fill the information gaps.

HARDCOVER VERSION

SOFTCOVER VERSION

I found the Chevrolet Corvair factory shop manual, assembly manual, etc. to be more informative, since it is more-detailed and targets the professional mechanic, and the Corvair-specific books that target the enthusiast or hot rod crowd to be a good supplement.

Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Congrats on the new book :tu:

It's fun to collect period literature and I usually learn a thing or two in the process.
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
hentysnr

Post by hentysnr »

Books are my downfall, they never forget things :tu: unlike me if my head was not attached to my body via my neck I would forget about it as well :rolling: and yet I can remember where I saw an article on something in a book. My ex referred to it as my selective memory :think: ENJOY THE BOOKS :tu:
WHY DRIVE ANYTHING ELSE THAN A CORVAIR :emfront:

'64 Bad Back!
'60 4dr 500
'61 4dr 700 BIG BORE 3.2lt
'63 Monza Coupe
'65 Monza Coupe
GriffinGuru

Post by GriffinGuru »

I have to admit I have a small collection of classic repair manuals. I like to collect cool old books when I see them, and in the process I also have a small collection older auto repair manuals for things like Mazda RX2, Mazda rotary engine manual, "Triumph TR3, 4, and spitfire", Renault Alliance, Fuego and Sportwagon, VW transporter, and a big hard bound "Chilton's Foreign car repair manual for German Swedish and Italian" to name a few.

The funny thing is that about a month before I bought my Corvair, I saw a Corvair repair manual at a swap meet but did NOT buy that one for some reason (price was part of it and since I didn't own one at a time it was too much to justify). Ironically enough my car came with the 61 and 64 factory manuals anyway.
It keeps me humble:
64 Corvair Monza convertible called Lucy (work in progress)

Return to “Off Topic”