Anything Corvair related
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: The 2014 Calendars are ready!

Post by Scott H »

I'm glad you finally got it Dave.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Billyboy12

Post by Billyboy12 »

CL >sacramento >all for sale / wanted >cars & trucks - by owner
On craigs list sacramento there is a nice convertible for sale. It's a 65 monza. Lots of pictures, asking $7500. I'm in ca. So car seems to have little rust. There is another convertible for $2000 with no pictures, have to ask for pictures. Says it has a rebuilt motor never hooked up.
1965 Corvair Corsa convertible
1967 Corvair Monza 110
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

Scott Howey wrote:I'm glad you finally got it Dave.
Follow up to my earlier problem...

My girlfriend noticed an unexplained $9.95 charge on her credit card last month and when we looked further she saw it was also charged several months prior. Turns out she was signed up automatically to something called the "Cafe Press Club" when she bought me the calendar. It has to be related to buying the Corvair calendar as that is the only time she has used the site.

Anyone else find themselves signed up for a $10 monthly charge without their knowledge? Check your statements carefully.
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

66 Corsa 140/4 Yenko Stinger Tribute
66 Corsa 140 Coupe w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
64 Greenbrier 110/PG, Standard 6-Door
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:think: I did a little searching via Google and did find some links associated with "Cafe Press Club". It appears to be some membership club associated with promoted discounts for restaurants, movie tickets, etc. Apparently there is some form of "Trial Membership", after which the agreement includes an automatic membership charge. It sounds like you accidentally got roped into a trial scheme at some point during your purchase, signup, or checkout that linked you to a trial membership, that automatically converted to a membership with fees. I have not been able to spot how this occurred at the Cafe Press website, but I would recommend a phone call to their customer service department (Press Club: 1-877-843-8082 or CafePress: 1-877-809-1659) to find out, to complain, and to ask that these charges be reversed. If you call them, let us know what you find out.

https://www.cafepressclub.com/store/com ... conditions
Press Club by CafePress Terms & Conditions wrote:This agreement ("Agreement") is made between CafePress Inc. (“CafePress”), with offices at 1850 Gateway Drive, Suite 300 San Mateo, CA 94404, providing a membership program called ‘Press Club by CafePress (the "Program"), and the purchaser of the ‘Press Club by CafePress membership (referred to herein as "you"). By enrolling in the Program, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement and the CafePress Privacy Policy...

...2. SERVICE - (a) The services and benefits which CafePress shall provide to you during the term of your Program membership shall include the following: (i) a dining and leisure activities discount service through which CafePress shall act as your agent for the purpose of securing discounts for dining at participating restaurants and discounts for leisure activities at participating attractions (where prohibited by law, discounts for alcoholic beverages are excluded); (ii) discounts on certain gift cards available for purchase through the Program; and (iii) promotions and discounts on online purchases from CafePress. * As a Program member, you have access to a toll-free number, 1-877-843-8082, that will assist you in using the services described above. (b) CafePress shall not be deemed a merchant, vendor, or supplier of any product or service (other than those products described in item (iii) above) provided to you through the Program. (c) CafePress reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time and without notice...

...9. MEMBERSHIP FEE - For your convenience, at the end of your trial period, you authorize CafePress to bill the then-current membership fee, automatically to your credit or debit card (or to the related checking account) (in each case, designated the billing source), selected at the time of enrollment, unless you call to cancel during your trial...

...11. RIGHT TO CANCEL MEMBERSHIP - (a) You have the right to cancel this Agreement at any time. You may cancel this Agreement by calling 1-877-843-8082, writing to: ‘Press Club by CafePress, P.O. Box 41248, Nashville, TN 37204 Attention: Membership Department, emailing service@cafepressclub.com or clicking the cancel link on the Customer Center page. Cancel this Agreement during your 30-day trial, and you will owe nothing more; at any time thereafter you will owe nothing further. You will remain liable for any other fees, purchases or charges to be paid pursuant to this Agreement. (b) If CafePress determines it is unable to bill the membership fee due hereunder to your designated billing source, CafePress shall have the right to terminate this Agreement in which event you will no longer have access to any of the Program benefits. In addition to CafePress’ termination rights set forth above, CafePress may elect in its sole discretion to keep this Agreement in effect, but suspend your access to all of the Program benefits until such time (if any) as CafePress is able to bill the membership fee due hereunder to your designated billing source.
http://www.cafepress.com/

https://cafepressclub.com/store/
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

bbodie52 wrote: I did a little searching via Google and did find some links associated with "Cafe Press Club".
Thanks. We found similar info last night along with a few complaints from people who had the same thing happened to them without their knowledge.

We will certainly be disputing the charges. I can't find anywhere on the website where we could have opted in or out of this "club" so I don't know how it happened. I even placed items in the shopping cart and went through the checkout (up to the point of entering the credit card info) but never saw anything that explained how we got signed up or could have opted out.

I'll post back when I have new info.
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5
azdave
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by azdave »

Update:

I talked to a Cafepressclub rep today and she said we had checked a box in the shopping cart that opted us into a club membership when we were purchasing the calendar. I don't think so.

After about 20 minutes of trying to tell me this was a really good deal she finally agree to refund the $40 that was charged extra. I'll check the CC statement in a few days to be sure that the refund goes through.
Dave W. from Gilbert, AZ

65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Return to “Corvair Talk”