Dragged this home a few months ago

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
65Ragtop

Dragged this home a few months ago

Post by 65Ragtop »

Hello all. I trailered this 65 Corsa home a short while back and started tinkering. Got it running good, the engine sounds very tight. The car needs a lot of work but it is a very solid starting point. Very little major rust except the rear battery quarter panel area. No surprise there. Floors are solid. I have been collecting parts for a while and will begin some serious wrenching as soon as the Monsoons clear out of here. I have been do
Project begins Dec 09.JPG
ing a lot of research and learning how to speak Corvair again. Figured I needed to reconnect with the Corvair guys again too. I can't wait to be back in a Corvair. I learned to drive in a 63 spyder coupe my old man bought new and gave to me 10 years later. Yup, my dad was Cool! Anyway, glad to see this forum on the net. I am sure it will be a lot of help in the fun times ahead.
Attachments
Trailer DS.JPG
Mike S.
65 Corsa 140 Ragtop
CORSA member
Scott H
Site Admin

Re: Dragged this home a few months ago

Post by Scott H »

:welcome2:
Looks like a nice solid car.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
Butcher&Vairs

Post by Butcher&Vairs »

:coolphotos: hello.............. :wave:
Attachments
61va2 016 - Copy.JPG
61va2 016 - Copy.JPG (48.32 KiB) Viewed 446 times
Rafee Corvair, parts and service, in the heartland of the USA
http://www.rafeecorvair.com
tel: 918-753-2486, available 7 days a week, no charge for advice
ncwitte
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by ncwitte »

65Ragtop wrote:Hello all. I trailered this 65 Corsa home a short while back and started tinkering. Got it running good, the engine sounds very tight. The car needs a lot of work but it is a very solid starting point. Very little major rust except the rear battery quarter panel area. No surprise there. Floors are solid. I have been collecting parts for a while and will begin some serious wrenching as soon as the Monsoons clear out of here. I have been do
Project begins Dec 09.JPG
ing a lot of research and learning how to speak Corvair again. Figured I needed to reconnect with the Corvair guys again too. I can't wait to be back in a Corvair. I learned to drive in a 63 spyder coupe my old man bought new and gave to me 10 years later. Yup, my dad was Cool! Anyway, glad to see this forum on the net. I am sure it will be a lot of help in the fun times ahead.

Mike, kinda dragging up an old post here, but I saw your avatar and that got me wanting to see your car. It's almost spooky how much it looks like my convertible when I started. Take a look at the pictures at this link:

http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/turbo/1.htm
Norm Witte
Lansing, Michigan
'65 Corsas: 140 coupe and 180 convertible
http://www.wittelaw.com/personal
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4208
PHX65CorsaHT

Post by PHX65CorsaHT »

Mike, where are you on the project? road worthy? Get out to the corvair meet at thoroughbred chevy in october. Date not firm yet.
Cave Creek AZ---75 Datsun PU, 82 Toyota Supra, 70 Nova,
65 Chevy PU, 72 Suburban,
96 4Runner, 06 Sequoia, 65 Corvair Coupe

Return to “Introductions”