April Communique Page 2, Last paragraph....

Anything Corvair related
caraholic4life

April Communique Page 2, Last paragraph....

Post by caraholic4life »

Last paragraph taken from: Page 2 CORSA Communique’ President’s Message-, Happy Spring(?)

"Lastly, if you are on the internet and want the best most accurate technical advice and generally interesting, friendly chat about all things Corvair, please visit corvair-forum.com. It was completely revamped with modern software and an entirely new look last fall. It is the largest, most comprehensive repository for Corvair information on the internet"

Please keep in mind that the following is my personal opinion.

It is nice to see that CORSA is suggesting folks go to the Corvair Forum rather than the Corvair Center Forum but it appears that they did screw up the facts a little. In order to be more accurate, I think it should have read more like this:

Lastly, if you are on the internet and want the best most accurate technical advice and generally interesting, friendly chat about all things Corvair, please visit the Corvair Forum at https://www.corvairforum.com/forum/

As you know by now, CORSA took over the Corvair Center Forum after promising no drastic changes would be made.

Once we had control of your beloved forum, we accepted your monetary contributions, then completely ignored your input as well as recommendations from the Volunteer Beta testers that worked so diligently to implement the new software.

We completely screwed up the format, installed an administrator that has their own personal agenda rather than the best interests of the community, and effectively destroyed what once was a valuable resource to the community while under the delusion that we have improved things.

Anyone that provided the slightest hint that things were headed in the wrong direction, regardless of their prior participation and or contributions were disposed of rather quickly as we could not have those opinions and suggestions seen by the other participants.

Now that the Corvair Center Forum is essentially inactive, many of the individuals that contributed regularly over the years have moved to the Corvair Forum which is now the better place to go for friendly chat and all things Corvair.

Until such time that we allow the CCF to fade completely away, it can still be used to search for information since it was the most comprehensive repository for Corvair information on the internet.

Note: Edited to attach Screenshot for verification of wording I saw.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 17-08-40 Layout 1 - 2403com-2.pdf.png
Last edited by caraholic4life on Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
Monzaguy

Re: April Communique Page 2, Last paragraph....

Post by Monzaguy »

:clap: I was wondering how many others caught that.
Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

"Lastly, if you are on the internet
and want the best most accurate
technical advice and generally
interesting, friendly chat about all
things Corvair, please visit corvair-
forum.com. It was completely
revamped with modern software
and an entirely new look last fall. It
is the largest, most comprehensive
repository for Corvair information
on the internet"

I have tried to show how it is printed in the small column width of the Communique.

Note, and if you are here you already know, the hyphen needs to be left out to get here. :whoa: :whoa: :tu: :chevy:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Hey look, blue background! :wink: :thumbsup: :car: :spider: :frog: :train:
doug6423

Post by doug6423 »

I'm waiting to see what the community guidelines will be for booting someone out of CORSA. That's on the next page.
65 Monza
Cincinnati, OH
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

doug6423 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am I'm waiting to see what the community guidelines will be for booting someone out of CORSA. That's on the next page.
They can try their best to Boot me out but won't be successful regardless of how hard they might try.....
I let my membership expire about fifty years ago and have no need to be a member of their organization.
My plan however, is to continue supporting the local clubs.
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
SSVairNut

Post by SSVairNut »

doug6423 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am I'm waiting to see what the community guidelines will be for booting someone out of CORSA. That's on the next page.
They plan on implementing 'community standards' like FB does. Which lets face it, it is censorship and cancelling based on someone else's opinion. They just plan on blocking anyone who disagrees with the board. Like Vargas does over in Corvair center now. If everyone here knew all the crap some of the highest level board members have been getting away with. I've seen a lot of it up close and it is shameful.
American Mel

Post by American Mel »

Reading the verbiage of their new rules, it appears CORSA has gone WOKE.
Currently own: '66Monza Coupe, '67Monza Vert, '67A/C Monza Sport Sedan
Have owned: '61Monza Coupe, '62Monza Wagon, '63Spyder, '65 Corsa
Loc: WA, One mile south of Canadian border.
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

As much as I have supported CORSA in the past, their takeover and censorship on their forum is why I allowed my membership to lapse with no plans to renew.
David Clamp

1965 Corsa convertible, 140/4sp
2009 Porsche 911 Carrera, 3.6L/7sp PDK
MtnVairMike

Post by MtnVairMike »

Frank DuVal wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:08 am "Lastly, if you are on the internet
and want the best most accurate
technical advice and generally
interesting, friendly chat about all
things Corvair, please visit corvair-
forum.com. It was completely
revamped with modern software
and an entirely new look last fall. It
is the largest, most comprehensive
repository for Corvair information
on the internet"

I have tried to show how it is printed in the small column width of the Communique.

Note, and if you are here you already know, the hyphen needs to be left out to get here. :whoa: :whoa: :tu: :chevy:
Yepper, I caught that too!
Either a Freudian slip or a great suggestion (minus the -). That is obviously where most of us are hanging out until after the elections and CCF gets back to its old friendly ways.
1966 Monza Convertible, 140HP-4 speed, Ermine White
1969 Monza Convertible, 110HP-PG, Frost Green, #3753
ihscomputers
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by ihscomputers »

That is obviously where most of us are hanging out until after the elections and CCF gets back to its old friendly ways.
:partydudes:
Dean F. Gemberling
Box Springs, Georgia
Heart of Georgia Webmaster
RUNNING FOR EASTERN DIRECTOR

1963 Rampside w/305 V8 - Built by Ken Arnold in 1998
1965 Monza Coupe w/63 Buick 215 V8 - Former 13-sec Drag Car by Ken Arnold
guthrie1068
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by guthrie1068 »

Why go back? This forum has been here all along and welcomed all of you/us in.... If you need to find something just go search it, but why contribute to it? How long until it happens over there again?
Chad Guthrie
Rives Junction, MI
'63 Convertible
guthrie1068
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by guthrie1068 »

I also wanted to say that I joined Corsa this year, for the first time, for two reasons- the first reason is because I want to attend the big show in Ohio with my car, and you gotta be a member. The second reason is so that I can vote. It isn't going to fix itself, somebody has to vote the good people in.
Chad Guthrie
Rives Junction, MI
'63 Convertible
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

I don't know if I'd keep up on the magazine in general and the President's page in particular if I wasn't a member.
I find myself wondering about what if's, like after the election who will the board make President. There's some good folks around CORSA and some not so much.
I don't like arrogance, it makes me want to cut them down to size and then I don't like that side of myself.
I mailed my ballot in today.
Jim Brandberg
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
scottymac

Post by scottymac »

​​​​​I haven't been vocal about this matter until now, and I let this sit in my draft file for a week. I quietly migrated to this forum from the CORSA controlled one, despite contributing financially to upgrade it. I understand the necessity to take over that forum, since volunteers of the San Diego club wanted to bow out, but ignoring the ideas and wishes of other volunteers willing to shepherd improvements to the Corvair flagship seemed autocratic. I was sorry to see Paul Sergeant (CORSA president) not taking a larger part in trying to correct this new direction. Don't know if I've ever met the man, I'm sure he's a decent fellow. But look at his votes on page 3 of the April issue of the COMMUNIQUE. I've attended a few conventions, though have never attended a town hall meeting at one. The Dayton convention schedule shows a "CORSA Annual Town Hall" taking place Wednesday, July 24, in the Oakwood Room, from 3:45 - 4:30. I suggest those of us who feel Andrea (and maybe others?) received undue punishment (banishment?) attend that meeting and make our dissatisfaction known (VERY) vocally. Will they ignore our voice again?
Scott
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

I suppose how one would choose to approach the annual meeting (or not) might depend on how the election goes.
I don't think I've ever read through the Actions of the Board of Directors but I just did at Scott's urging. The President abstained on all three. I'm not sure when Paul's term is up as Director and/or President but he's said that he will not run again. I've known him for a long time and he is a good guy, he was President of Corvair Minnesota before me in the 90s.
I don't know Mike Hall but had an elevator ride with him in Wisconsin Dells the day after the annual meeting. He looked like the wrung out cartoon character of the old year on New Years Eve.
It's my guess that Paul has had a bellyfull of CORSA business and just wants to retire to the garage and work on Corvairs.

We had a very contentious season in Corvair Minnesota rewriting dysfunctional 50 year old By-Laws that no one had ever paid any attention to. Things are better now and I believe we have a system in place for long term wellness but oh boy was it tough for a while there. I had to bow out of the ad-hoc committee because I'm just not cut out for that sort of thing.

I care that there is a CORSA but that's been about the extent of it. I hope at this time that I can vote and let go of it. I've just renewed membership for 2 years so I have some time to just see how it all goes. I'm not going to Dayton. I avoided the annual meeting in Wisconsin Dells like the plague.

When the quiet non-assuming people start voicing their displeasure things must be pretty messed up.

Jim Brandberg
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

BEFORE YOU VOTE in this upcoming Election, Please review this information. Come to your own conclusions and make your own decisions.

By now the CORSA BoD should be well aware of the self serving manipulative ways of the Self Appointed Administrator over at the CCF. At this time.

It is my OPINION that the BoD has allowed the current Administrator
(who may be the only member that has a clue how to operate the forum) to hold them hostage.

I have heard rumors that the Administrator has threatened to Quit if I were to be reinstated on the forum and the BoD has not yet taken any action I am aware of to remedy this situation.

Apparently the current Administrator has the BoD over a Barrel and the majority of them do not have any inclination or strength of character to do anything about it and are allowing this individual to Dictate to them as a whole.

Yes, there are some current BoD members that have the strength of character to take action but they are not the majority at the moment. This is why it is important to Vote this year.

In my opinion, this individual, regardless of his past contributions needs to be dealt with promptly. The best way to effectively do this would be by Voting him OUT, Show him the Door, and install someone that has the best interests of the community in mind rather than their own personal agenda.

Here is a cut and paste of the thread that I had posted on the CCF back in December 2023 that was Promptly Deleted.

Community Discussion Locked Topics.
Post by Caraholic4life » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:36 pm

In an effort to keep from hijacking or changing the direction of another thread, I have respectfully elected to post a new topic.

I am asking the community to contribute and share their polite constructive thoughts on something that in the past six month's has become somewhat controversial within this forum in a civil manner.

While I absolutely agree that there are some informational threads that have a legitimate reason to be Locked, there are some that should not.

Posting a thread and immediately Locking it to prevent any potential constructive replies, in my opinion is counterproductive.
In some cases it is disrespectful to the community, especially when allowing replies may actually add value to the topic and help move it forward for the benefit of the entire community. This behavior reminds me more of a Dictatorship than a Community and I for one find it insulting and offensive.

We have been told that our comments are welcome, to respect the views of other participants even if we may not agree with them, and encouraged to share our knowledge. It has been said that it's okay to disagree with other forum participants, just keep the comments positive. This is difficult to accomplish in a Locked Thread.

This is the communication that was sent to me when the topic was deleted, and the following PM's that resulted in my being Banned from the site.

Sent: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:44 pm
by GoyoVargas
Hi.
Your post was deleted.

Unnecessarily critical - dictatorship remark inappropriate. Adds no value to the forum.

Please familiarize yourself with the Guidelines.

Thank you

Keep in mind that these new Guidelines were implemented by the current Administration, and likely without the knowledge or approval of the other BoD members at the time.

In all reality, if the term Dictatorship was the only word that the "Administrator" had an issue with, he could have simply edited out that word or sentence rather than deleting the entire topic but I suspect that the topic as a whole was something that he did not want discussed.

Sent: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:32 pm
by Caraholic4life
Greg,

Respectfully, it it is my opinion that YOU are the one being unconstructive to the forum.

I spent close to two hours composing that post in an effort to not be offensive or critical of any one individual or entity. Your deleting the post is a Knee Jerk reaction from my point of view.

Even though you may have been a member of this forum since 2008, you have NOT participated with any regularity until within the past six month's

Just because you have been given a little authority on this forum, it does not entitle you to make the broad sweeping decisions that you have elected to take.

Your actions have indeed been Dictative from the viewpoint of several active respected participants.
I have stood by mostly silent while you have treated these individuals with disrespect.

I will re-post my topic and refrain from using the word dictatorship since you happen to be offended by what I consider to be truthful.

Your EGO has gone to your head and you need to re-think what it is that you are pretending to accomplish behind the guise of the best interests of this site.

I have been actively involved with Corvair's since 1973 and familiar with them since 1962. I am not some young easily manipulated individual that you can dictate to.

Sent: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:37 pm
by GoyoVargas
The new guidelines state:
"Don't complain about the moderation or administration on the forum; you may send a PM to CORSA, GoyoVargas, if you are unhappy with the forum."

Thank you

Sent: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:41 pm
by Caraholic4life
I was not complaining, I was simply asking for opinions.

IF you can't tell the difference.....I can't help you

Sent: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:13 pm
by GoyoVargas
Your personal attacks about my alleged "EGO" are unacceptable, even privately.
Please be advised.

Sent: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:13 pm
by Caraholic4life
Your threats are unacceptable, especially privately....Mann Up!

Sent: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:22 pm
by GoyoVargas
Please be advised that aggressive statements like "Man up" are unacceptable.

Sent: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:24 pm
by Caraholic4life
Grow up....how's that?

Information
You have been permanently banned from this board.
Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your username.

Prior to being "Banned" for my so called "Aggressive Behavior", I did send a communication to the "Administrator" but at the time was unaware that this individual actually held this position.

I don't recall seeing any introduction to the community that a Professional would have posted letting the community know who he is along with any plans for changes to the forum, although knowing that likely would not have made a difference other than where I might have sent the initial communication.

Here is what I sent to the "Administrator"

To whom it may concern:

First and foremost, my personal and private information is not to be shared or provided to or with anyone or entity without my express consent.

I have been an active participant of the Corvair Center Forum for about a dozen years.

Over the past six month's since CORSA has become involved, things have gone downhill considerably which is regrettable.

The user GoyoVargas has apparently been given some amount of authority on the forum but in my opinion has abused that authority repeatedly.

Unfortunately his EGO has overcome sensibility in many situations and he needs to be reigned in before further damage is done.

Greg has a tendency to DICTATE and Lock Threads that prohibit participants from responding.

I recently started a thread that brought up this subject in as non confrontational a manner as I could think of that asked for opinions. Greg Deleted the topic in my opinion as a knee jerk self preserving action.

Please look into the threads Greg has recently deleted and see if the rest of those at CORSA agree with these actions.

Thank You.

This is what I then sent to three members of the CORSA BoD after I realized that my communication to the "Administrator" likely went direct to the individual that this was written about and no action would be taken or mentioned to the rest of the BoD.

12/16/2023 7:42 PM
To govairs@aol.com, ricksanford2020@gmail.com, redbat01@verizon.net

To: Titus Stewart, Rick Sanford, Allan Lacki,

Gentlemen,

Prior to Greg Goyo Vargas taking the action to ban me from the Corvair Center Forum that I had participated and contributed to without incident or complaint for over a dozen years I sent the following to the CORSA general mailbox.

I would have communicated with you prior to this but coincidentally has some required password reset difficulty on my e-mail account that took a while to resolve as I am not all that computer literate.

In the past several days, I have received positive support from several others from the CCF through other means of communication which makes me feel as if I may be somewhat respected as a participant.
I am probably one of the least confrontational or aggressive individuals on these forums which makes it difficult to believe that that I was banned for Aggressive Behavior.

Do I believe Greg has allowed whatever authority he has been given to go to his head, Yes! I do.
Do I believe Greg has been Dictative in his actions on the CCF, Yes! I do.
Do I believe that the CCF is headed the direction at the moment, Yes I do.
(NOTE: I had meant to say headed in the wrong direction at the moment)

I have not been a member of CORSA since the late '70's but do participate and support several local Corvair clubs in Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania.

Would I like to be reinstated as a participant of the CCF, Yes I would but that decision is up to you.

Thank you for your time and consideration regarding this matter.

Sincerely, Andria Raine aka Caraholic4life

I got a reply from Allan Lacki that was short but not very reassuring. I never received replies from Rick Sanford or Titus Stewart.

Allan Lacki<redbat01@verizon.net>
12/18/2023 2:19 PM
To:

Hello Andria Raine aka Caraholic4life,
Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention.

Allan Lacki

Since this acknowledgement was received, there has been no further direct communication to me from anyone on the BoD regarding the situation.

There were several Moderators on the forum that indicated their support for me back then as well as currently which was and is nice to have. Two of these individuals shortly thereafter were informed that their longtime contributions and services were no longer needed and were dismissed from their volunteer duties. Once again, this was in my opinion the actions of the current Administrator silencing anyone that may have voiced an opinion that differed from his own agenda.

Once again, BEFORE YOU VOTE in this upcoming Election, Please review this information. Come to your own conclusions and make your own decisions.
IF I were a CORSA member and lived in the Western part of the country where I could Vote this individual OUT and show him the Door, I would do just that.
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner

Return to “Corvair Talk”