Any Mechanics in Santa Barbara/Ventura

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Jpkorsa

Any Mechanics in Santa Barbara/Ventura

Post by Jpkorsa »

Hi All,

My car is in Carpinteria, and it isn't operable yet so anywhere I take it I will have to flatbed. I feel as if taking it to someone who has worked on Corvairs is a better route so if anyone has any recommendations in my area that would be incredible.

Thanks,
66vairguy

Re: Any Mechanics in Santa Barbara/Ventura

Post by 66vairguy »

Jpkorsa wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:13 pm Hi All,

My car is in Carpinteria, and it isn't operable yet so anywhere I take it I will have to flatbed. I feel as if taking it to someone who has worked on Corvairs is a better route so if anyone has any recommendations in my area that would be incredible.

Thanks,
Depending on the "problems" you have with the Corvair you may have to find different folks, as in transaxle, electrical, etc. There are a number of folks who claim to work on Corvairs in Los Angeles county, but the only one who I have NOT gotten "negative" feedback about is Mark Wright. Mark is a member of the Corsa West club (up in the valley). Mark does Corvair work part time since he has a job building "movie" cars. Mark had a Corvair in autocross competition for years.

There is Dave Palmer in Ventura who just rebuilds Corvair flywheels. He has a concurs Rampside. He was in the Ventura Corvair club and may give you a lead. Here is a listing for the club. https://www.hemmings.com/clubs/detail?h ... id=1477811

Return to “Introductions”