new to the forum with wet floor problem

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
1easyed

new to the forum with wet floor problem

Post by 1easyed »

New to the Forum, but not to Corvairs. I currently own 4; a 1964 and 1966 Monza 2door automatics (Running), a 1965 Corsa 140 hp 4 speed convertible which is nearly ready for the road, a1965 Monza parts car and a 1965 Corsa Turbo convertible parts car. I came to the forum mainly because both my running Monzas haveproblems with rain getting inside and wetting the floors. The 1966 only leaks to the front floor, but the 1964 gets both front and rear floors wet. Any knowledgable guidance available?
1easyed
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: new to the forum with wet floor problem

Post by Crazy George »

Well , :wave: Welcome, for thought , floor being wet , have you pulled up the carpet , is it wet up under the dash carpet? If is , I would look around the windshield. Run water over the windshield and look for runs or drips... center of the floor wet , check the center under floor that not rusted out .. may even take the kick panels out and watch for water flow. Is there any rust around the windshield , remove the wipers and take the cowling off and inspect or maybe the windshield seal.. Not actually seeing could you post some picture and point out may help. Others will jump in also I am sure... throwing things out to ya.... Crazy George
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Welcome!
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
Vaircooled

Post by Vaircooled »