new from WI

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
barefooter14

new from WI

Post by barefooter14 »

I have been a long time fan of the the ramp sides, the first one I saw was way back when I was a youngin
at a car show, since then I knew I wanted one some day. 4 months ago I was driving down a state highway
here in WI and saw 2 ramp sides 61 and 62. the 61 is in running condition and the 62 is good for some parts
such as the ramp driver door and a few other metal body pannel pieces. I am currently working on getting the
owner to lower the price because we all know that a 61 and 62 that spent most of its life in wisconsin should
only be worth 1,500 ish. they arent in the greatest shape lots of body bondo but most bondo parts im going to
chop and weld in the other body parts or fab up some new parts. I am also looking for other options because
for 4 months now all I have been thinking about is buying the rampies from the owner but there has been little
to no budging on his 4 GRAND FIRM asking price :eek: . Anyways I am going to find a rampy that fits my needs
hopefully soon because I got the time to get a good start on a restoration right now.

A little about me. I am 22 years old and I am just finishing up a associates degree in Industrial Welding, with only
one math class left and working part time I am taking a auto body class and mechanics class at the tech, to
help keep costs down in the repairs.

I hope to post pictures of me and a nice ready to be restored rampy project.

RYan
reedbecky

Re: new from WI

Post by reedbecky »

I don't know where you live in relation to Minnesota, but if you are reasonably close go to Craigslist and check out the Minneapolis section. In Isanti there is a person who repairs Corvairs and has a '61 rampside for sale for a lot less.
barefooter14

Post by barefooter14 »

thanks for the heads up I am going to take a look right now. I am willing to travel to where the deal is plus no snow here so I could toss my sled in the back of my truck and ride in northern wi and pick up a new rampy!

Ill take a look now thanks again for the headsup! :tu:
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Welcome!
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
Chicago Guy

Post by Chicago Guy »

Welcome :wave:

I hope you get the ramp that you want, enjoy the forum .

:welcome2:

Gene
64 Spyder Coupe
63 Pont SD 421
barefooter14

Post by barefooter14 »

Thank you, I have decided to not rush into it and find the rampy that is perfect for me. I have found a few but they all think they have a 5/6 grand gem! im letting them sit on them and then maybe they will want to sell for the right price later if not ill find one somewhere
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

WELCOME RYAN FROM MAINE :wave: Crazy George here, :wave: just read this thread and have been bouncing around the sites and just finished plowing the nice white stuff, its just great :sad5: I myself, a newbe as well. :clap: Glad to see young blood interested in corvairs. There are a few still around such as myself at 57 :neener: :neener: The 64 Greenbrier and 62 Rampside I just retrived about a month ago are rare fines in the Northeast. Check it out on the rides and project subject. I myself have only seen these two and one in the Air Force. They are pretty cool ride. Head turners anyway!!!Good luck, Your ride will come in good time :fingerscrossed: :welcome2:

Return to “Introductions”