64 monza spider convert

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
Donaldforbes

64 monza spider convert

Post by Donaldforbes »

This was my father in laws car we had to track it down and it is back where it belongs
Attachments
20211019_101647.jpg
20211017_132855.jpg
20211017_132418.jpg
byynow

Re: 64 monza spider convert

Post by byynow »

Very nice! Looks just like the one I'm resurrecting except yours is in better shape! I might ask you to post some pictures of components I am missing so I know what I'm looking for. Does it run?
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

That's neat! Was it difficult to track down??
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:wave: :welcome2: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

Your convertible looks to be a prime example of a 1964 Monza convertible. I would love to have one like it!! It looks like it has been fitted with 1965 Corvair wheel covers, and it does not have the turbocharged Spyder logo on the engine compartment. Does it still have the turbocharged engine? The exhaust pipe/muffler appears to be a turbo exhaust system.

ImageImage

These pictures that I located on the Internet were posted by a dealer. The 1964 Spyder convertible is very similar to yours, and is a fine example with numerous additional photos shown on their website (57 in all), if you are interested in seeing them for comparison.
:link: https://www.classicautomall.com/vehicle ... nza-spyder
1964 Chevrolet Corvair Monza Spyder

Every Corvair model year, from 1960 to 1964, received enhancements and refinements with each year. The 1964 is considered to be the best example of the early body style. It included an increase in engine displacement from 145 Cubic Inches to 164 CI, via a new crankshaft with a longer stroke. It also had an improved cooling fan, made of lightweight magnesium that reduced strain on the fan belt and improved belt reliability. The front and rear suspension was also improved with new spring rates and the addition of a standard front stabilizer bar and a rear transverse leaf spring that improved handling and stability.

The 1964 was the fifth and final year of the Early Model (EM) body style. It was the most-refined, and included a standard front stabilizer bar throughout the line (formerly only standard in 1962-1963 Corvair turbo Spyders and optional on others). A new rear transverse leaf spring and new rear coil spring rates also enhanced the handling of the swing axle rear suspension design.

1964 Corvair Transverse Leaf Spring (Suspension component attaches to the differential in the center)

VIN - EM Corvair Passenger Car VIN Tag Decoding
VIN - EM Corvair Passenger Car VIN Tag Decoding

The link below will provide you with a list of useful websites that are Corvair-related. Some of the links will lead you to an extensive technical library that will allow you to download shop manuals and other technical references in Adobe Reader format at no cost. There is also a link that will help you to locate nearby CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters. You will also find a list of essential Corvair parts suppliers. Clark's Corvair Parts in Shelburne Falls, MA is the biggest and oldest Corvair supplier in the world. You will find a link that can provide you with a series of videos that amount to a tour of the Clark's Corvair Parts facilities. Parts suppliers such as this truly make our Corvair hobby possible.

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

:link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to encourage you to expand on your first post and tell us more about yourself, as well as about your 1964 Monza. Some detailed photographs of the car — including the VIN tag (driver's side door jamb) and Body Tag in the engine compartment — can be very helpful. If you can provide your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, your Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience.

1964 Corvair Monza Convertible
1964 Corvair Monza Convertible

:chevy: :welcome:
Attachments
1964 Chevrolet Corvair GM Heritage Center Specs.pdf
1964 Chevrolet Corvair GM Heritage Center Specs
(2.57 MiB) Downloaded 19 times
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”