Rare Corvair Thermostat

Humor, Politics, etc...
66CorsaConv

Rare Corvair Thermostat

Post by 66CorsaConv »

Found this on Ebay thought it was funny. Real listing info.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Coolant- ... 2d&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
miniman82

Re: Rare Corvair Thermostat

Post by miniman82 »

These get up to 160*F pretty quick, I hear...
Click it!
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

I could have used one in my Kelmark car many years ago. ::-):

Usually when looking at Flea Bay, I will enter "Corvair -fits" which eliminates about 90 percent of the crap I have no interest in looking at like window tint.

When buying parts for the Kelmark car, I would walk up to the parts counter and tell the idiot at the counter (for example) that I needed a 180 degree thermostat for a small block Chevy.

The idiot usually didn't automatically know what part to sell me because he wasn't a "Real Parts Counterman" but a cashier. The idiot would then ask for the year, make, and model of the car. This is where I would have some fun and tell them 1966 Chevrolet Corvair.

Usually after a couple minutes the idiot would say something like, "We don't have a listing for that part" and I would educate him while making him feel a bit stupid. I would then let him off the hook and give him an application that would get me the part I needed.

On the other side of the coin. When I worked Auto Parts, the guys that came in often wouldn't stand in my line because there was no way a female would know what they were looking for. They would wait patiently for the newest "Idiot" to wait on them then look surprised when the Idiot would ask me for assistance in getting the proper parts. Eventually the regular customers started coming to me directly. It was kinda nice. ::-):
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
66CorsaConv

Post by 66CorsaConv »

I like to razz the new counter staff at my favorite local big box part store. I actually bought my brake parts for the 66 there.

So my buddy Leon gave me the wink last time. So I asked about a radiator for a 1972 Vw Super Beetle.

He immediately asked if I wanted radiator hoses for my Corvair too. The younger kids in the store just didn't see what we thought was so funny.
JBroomer

Post by JBroomer »

I resisted the urge to ask if they could supply a thermostat housing as well in the "ask a question" section.
John
Toronto, Canada
w/o car but looking at LM convertibles

Return to “Off Topic”