oil cooler seals

Anything Corvair related
66convairtible
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

oil cooler seals

Post by 66convairtible »

anyone know a part number/manufacturer for the oil cooler seals?
64powerglide

Re: oil cooler seals

Post by 64powerglide »

Attachments
4.jpg
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:wrench: The VITON oil seals listed below usually hold up better under heat, so they should last longer than standard seals.

From an earlier post...
bbodie52 wrote:...The instructions below were extracted from the 1965 Corvair Chassis Shop Manual, page 6-19. In the first picture, you can see the oil cooler to the left of the oil filter.

The torque specifications for the ⅜-16 bolt that holds the oil cooler to the oil cooler mounting adapter is 8-12 ft. lbs. Remember that most bolts on the Corvair engine are threaded into soft aluminum. Bolts should be threaded in by hand to prevent cross-threading. The use of anti-seize compound on the bolt threads is recommended. Always try to use a ½-inch Drive Foot-Pound or a ⅜-inch Drive Inch-Pound torque wrench when tightening, to avoid over-tightening and possibly stripping the aluminum threads.

This video goes a bit beyond the job you need to do on the oil cooler, but the portion of the video that covers the oil cooler seals will help you to visualize the work needed. Just fast forward to the 22.00 minute part to skip past the harmonic balancer and focus in on the oil cooler part (unless you just enjoy watching and learning from Dave Motohead!) ::-): :tongue:

Corvair Harmonic Balancer/Oil cooler Replacement.

:link: http://www.corvair1.com/1960-69-viton-o ... pair-rgs11

ImageImage
:link: http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... AIN&page=4

Part number C123C: VITON OIL COOLER SEALS-SET 2

Weight: 0 lbs 2 oz
Catalog Pages(s): 4,12(60)
Price:
1 - 1 $ 4.15
2 - 9 $ 3.75
10+ $ 3.55

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

Corvair Forum :link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
66convairtible
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 66convairtible »

Ya I know where to get them in the USA, but I am in Canada, $20 bucks to mail them to me is criminal!
I was hoping for a FelPro or equivalent part number I could get locally. that's all
64powerglide

Post by 64powerglide »

I checked my local NAPA & Advance Auto, not listed!!!!!!!!!
64Powerglide, Jeff Phillips

Kalamazoo, Mi..
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:think: You do have some unique cost containment problems in Canada! Those shipping charges are atrocious. If there are Corvair Parts sources in Canada, or methods to obtain the parts you need while keeping the cost down, perhaps members of CORSA in Canada may be able to suggest some sources or methods to provide some relief. if you are not a member of CORSA and are not familiar with the CORSA chapter in British Columbia, i would suggest contacting them and considering the possibility of joining the club.

There are CORSA (Corvair Society of America) club chapters in Canada, but like Canada, they are spread out over a wide area with lots of space in-between! I will list some CORSA contact information for western Canada here, should you be interested in getting involved with other Corvair owners in Canada.

Joining CORSA (Corvair Society of America) is another good way to learn more about Corvairs.

CORSA (Corvair Society of America) Chapter Locator
Locating a local CORSA chapter near you can be very helpful, and attending meetings, parties, Corvair shows, etc. can greatly add to the enjoyment of your Corvair
https://www.corvair.org/index.php?optio ... crmSID=3_u

Here is the Canadian CORSA club contact information...

CORSA Chapter Locator - Western Canada CORSA
Chapter ID: WCC
Organization Name: Western Canada CORSA
Street Address (Primary): 1750 Westminster Ave., Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada

Joel Rushworth - President - Vancouver Island regional director, info@westerncanadacorsa.com
Shaun McGarvey - Vice President - Lower Mainland regional director, shaun_mcgarvey@shaw.ca
Dave Beddome - Alberta regional director, dbeddome@shaw.ca
Les Honke - Manitoba regional director, webmaster, corvair@mts.net
Merv Krull - BC Interior regional director, krupross@sunwave.net
Paul McGroarty - Treasurer, pmcgroarty@shaw.ca

Email (Primary): info@westerncanadacorsa.com
Membership Information - Come Join Our Group

Western Canada Corsa currently boasts a membership or of over 150 members with local representation in 6 different regions of Western Canada and associate members from the US Northwest! This combined with our own local email list server and WCC website gives members access to more information resources for Corvairs in Western Canada then is provided by any other organization. Basic membership is FREE so what are you waiting for?

Based on Vancouver Island, this club services the largest geographic area of any Corvair club ( Corsa itself excluded, of course) From the Pacific, east to Manitoba it covers 2,911,268 sq km (approx. 1,124,047 sq mi)

Membership dues are currently FREE for those living in Western Canada, until the next October after you join (this is our FREE TRIAL period) - then we'll ask for $20 (CDN) annually.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Corvair Talk”