Looking into 64 Vert, thoughts

Anything Corvair related
lelshaddai

Looking into 64 Vert, thoughts

Post by lelshaddai »

Been looking at this 64 Monza 900 Vert, need some advice.
Pictures make it look better than it is. It starts but they tore a cable and now the starter stays engaged. There is no top and interior looks better in the pics. Rockers are full of bondo, could not get a magnet to stick. Pans seem to be ok. Tunnel cover plate is missing. Glass is all there, chrome is heavily pitted. 4 Speed manual, seems to be the 95hp but not sure. Will need body work, interior, paint and top. Needs original steering wheel replaced. Wants $2750 any thoughts.
Jim

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
cad-kid

Re: Looking into 64 Vert, thoughts

Post by cad-kid »

Rockers full of bondo :think:

Walk away :extinguisher: Plus no top and un-drivable makes it a no sale. There are a ton of Corvairs out there. You are doing the right thing by checking out as many as possible and not making an impulse purchase.
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
fbama73

Post by fbama73 »

Not sure where you are ( different parts of the country can change prices), but here in central Indiana, I bought a running, driving 64 900 convertible for 2500. It's a transplanted southern car, so it has very little rust. It wasn't in top running shape when I bought it, it had a miss and was leaking oil from the pushrod tubes, and some electrical (lighting) issues.

If you want my opinion, I think the price is a bit high, and the rusty rockers make me nervous, more so because it is a convertible.
fbama73

Post by fbama73 »

If you buy it, make me a deal on the hubcaps :)

Return to “Corvair Talk”