Corvair Sebring Spyder

Anything Corvair related
Edz

Corvair Sebring Spyder

Post by Edz »

I recently posted a picture of this Corvair in a different thread....I can not get it out of my head!

I found that is was called the Sebring Spyder so far...

Does anyone have more details on this car, links stories...is it still alive, has anyone made a new one...?

This is a thing of awesome beauty in my eyes... I am not kidding when I say, what body parts, kids, guns, and all other things I have can I sell to make one of these! :eek:
No stock parts were harmed during the on going restoration of this Corvair....ok, maybe a little bit.
1965 Corsa Coupe #5065
Edz

Re: Corvair Sebring Spyder

Post by Edz »

I found this:

http://history.gmheritagecenter.com/wik ... 37_Concept" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No stock parts were harmed during the on going restoration of this Corvair....ok, maybe a little bit.
1965 Corsa Coupe #5065
Nickshu

Post by Nickshu »

Here's a bunch more Corvair concept cars they built:

http://corvairone.com/corvairmuseum.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also another version called the Super Spyder, not sure what else is different but the rear end is different and no "bar" between the driver and passenger:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=567972" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Search for Super Spyder, you'll get a lot more hits than the Sebring Spyder.

Another good link:
viewtopic.php?f=190&t=3270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nick
1964 Monza Spyder Convertible #435 - Rotisserie restored - SOLD ON BRING A TRAILER 4/30/2019 - Check out my restoration thread here: [corvaircenter.com]
Thanks to all the awesome CCF, CF, COG, and CORSA members who helped me with the restoration!
Edz

Post by Edz »

Awesome, Thank you. I did find info on the Super Spyder as I was looking up the Sebring...I like the Sebring the front end of the Super syder makes me shudder in a bad way. I read in one place that the Sebring was gone... :banghead: That's all they said was it was gone no other details... I am still looking but, it makes me wonder did it become the Super Spyder?

If only I had a bigger budget, I would LOVE to recreate the Sebring Spyder.

1965 Corsa Coupe #5065

Return to “Corvair Talk”