First car is my first Corvair

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
iabuell

First car is my first Corvair

Post by iabuell »

Hello everyone! I wanted to introduce a little about myself and my newly acquired 1968 Corvair Monza. I live in near Chicago Illinois and have been a classic car lover practically my whole life. Ever since I was a kid my father would take me to the weekly car shows during the summer. I would look on in amazement at what I soon decided to be the best cars I've ever seen. I had always dreamed of driving one these great cars, but I knew I probably would not get the chance until I was much older in life.

Fast forward to age 17 and the middle of the grueling process of car searching. At first, a classic car was not even a thought in my head. Watching those auction prices on television deterred me from even the faintest chance of obtaining one. Though with weeks of searching I finally found a car that fit my budget, and my love for classic cars.

The 1968 Corvair Monza was in surprisingly good shape, and after a thorough inspection from my dad we decided it was a great deal, and purchased it about a week ago. Like most classic cars though, it still needed a lot of work. I decided that I would try and do almost all of the work myself. With guidance from my dad the mechanic and the Corvair Forum :tu:

Lets see if this picture works....
Mist Green 1968 Corvair Monza 2 door Coupe 110 hp 2 Speed
DT-VAIR

Re: First car is my first Corvair

Post by DT-VAIR »

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new car! It looks pretty good - you should post some more pics and details. I'm also near Chicago but far north. If I get mine to a point I feel it's reliable enough for long drives I'm sure ill see you at a show to meeting. Have fun and again good luck!

Tony
1st one - 65 Monza Vert with power top and 110 with a 4 spd. Was a bit dilapidated but fun, 2nd was a 1965 Corvair Monza Convertible. PG - 1960 or 61 or 63 80 hp engine - we think...
Scott H
Site Admin

Post by Scott H »

Congrats on your first car and that's way cool it's a Corvair. :tu:
Keep us posted on your progress.
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Welcome :tu:
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140