Custom throttle Linkage by Roger Parent

Anything Corvair related
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Custom throttle Linkage by Roger Parent

Post by Crazy George »

:wave: Say have any of you corvair lovers have Roger's linkage?? :dontknow: I received three sets from Roger last week and was his ONE HUNDRED'TH SALE...
throttle linkage...
throttle linkage...
One set of 110 and two sets of 140.. I have not opened the packaging yet but really looks outstanding quality and his instructions are very detailed....in also talking to Roger the other day , he is working on perfecting the secondary 1966 140 linkage... :tu: ... so any one out have this set up, interested in any comments and pic.......It is quite apparent that Roger has put alot of thought and trial and error in fabing these linkage...... :think: Crazy George :tongue: ps. malibusled yours should be coming soon. :neener:
malibusled
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Custom throttle Linkage by Roger Parent

Post by malibusled »

George, did you get the one that has adjustable secondaries for the 140??
Ed Bartlett
Bobcaygeon, ON Canada
1965 Monza Coupe, 140hp 4 speed
1964 Monza Convertible, 140hp PG
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:wave: YOU ARE ALIVE........ No, all my linkage on all the 140's I have are 1966, presently Roger has only the secondary perfected on the 1965 linkage. But he his working on it. I believe :think: you may have the 1965 linkage which if you do , he has that down pat........... cg :tu:
malibusled
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by malibusled »

Yes, here I am.

I ordered the '65 linkage with adjustable secondaries.
It allows you to adjust when you want your secondaries to come on.
Woohoo!
Ed Bartlett
Bobcaygeon, ON Canada
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Here is a link with some further commentary and pictures:
http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.ph ... 915,524950

So I'm interested. Can you provide some contact and ordering information? Address, phone, cost, Web site, email, etc? :dontknow:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Has anyone heard any complaints of those clamped-on throttle arms slipping on the cross shaft? My friend has this setup installed on his 140 and we took his car and went blasting around the city, brought the car back to my house and found that the arm on the driver's side secondary carb had slipped and wasn't opening. Just wondering if this happened to anyone else. Maybe they just weren't tight enough.
malibusled
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by malibusled »

rlparent@cox.net

Roger Parent
1349 Clove St.
El Cajon, CA 92021
Ed Bartlett
Bobcaygeon, ON Canada
malibusled
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by malibusled »

Copied from Corvair Center

Hi Everyone:

I am very happy to announce that the Full Bearing Throttle Linkage Kits are still available. This kit will eliminate 99% of the binding and slop of our old throttle linkage system. And works with your stock air cleaner system. My metal shop did a real great job on the Clear Zinc plating the metal pieces. They look like Chrome. I have attached some pictures of the '65 140 linkage installed and how you will receive it, minus the plastic bags. For ease of installation the primary and secondary linkages are pre-assembled and set to length as shown. Many people have requested a picture of the 140 kit installed on a motor. Don’t take off points for the dirty motor. This is the test motor I test fit every part of every linkage kit I Sell.

If you want to get the installation instruction (15 pages) first to see what is involved in installing a linkage kit please email me at rlparent@cox.net and I will send them to you. Lots of pictures in the instructions. You get a hard copy with the kit.

These kits will not fit 1960 motors or motors with manual chokes.

Cost of a kit:
110 2-carb kit (will fit FC) is $110
1965 140 Complete kit is $240
1966 140 kit is just the primary side you will have to use your secondary linkage is $125

Plus $20 shipping for up to 3 kits.

I now make a 1966-69 transmission accelerator pivot with full bearing support. This will eliminate 99% of the binding or slop. Picture attached. Cost $75.00 plus $12 shipping. No shipping for the pivot if purchased with a throttle kit. It fits in the same box.

I accept money order or personal check. Kits will ship two or three days after payment is received.

Any question drop me a line at rlparent@cox.net or PM me here at the forum.

Address:

Roger Parent
1349 Clove St.
El Cajon, CA 92021

Thanks again for your support.

Roger

Roger Parent
San Diego, CA
1964 Monza Driver
1964 Monza project

Ed Bartlett
Bobcaygeon, ON Canada
Bobby65

Post by Bobby65 »

he should make a kit for turbo engines!
Drive it like you stole it
65 Turbo Monza Coupe
64 monza convertible 4 spd
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:think: I never mess with the turbo's but thats a good question for Roger,,, give him a call, its only his hobby but not out of the question to ask... :tu: CG
malibusled
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by malibusled »

As far as I know, he is currently in the r&d stage with a turbo set up
Ed Bartlett
Bobcaygeon, ON Canada
MonzaDave

Post by MonzaDave »

Here's a picture of the 1965 140hp linkage:
IMG_1534s.JPG
Dave Keillor
Rochester, MN
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Just one question that is not related to the throttle linkage. How do you attach an oil pressure gauge sending unit to the top of your oil filter mount? Is it a special hollow threaded bolt? I had planned on adding an oil pressure gauge, and I'm interested in that mounting technique. :dontknow:
Brad Bodie
MonzaDave

Post by MonzaDave »

bbodie52 wrote:Just one question that is not related to the throttle linkage. How do you attach an oil pressure gauge sending unit to the top of your oil filter mount? Is it a special hollow threaded bolt? I had planned on adding an oil pressure gauge, and I'm interested in that mounting technique. :dontknow:
Clark's Adapt-A-Bolt, C7521, http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog ... d_page=27D bottom of page.
Dave Keillor
Rochester, MN
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:ty:

Thank you. The first time I installed a gauge sending unit on my 1965 Corsa back in 1980 I simply used a brass tee-fitting to allow for both the warning light switch and the gauge sending unit. Of course there isn't much room next to the alternator, so I added a long brass threaded tube to elevate the position of the sending unit above the alternator pully and fan belt. MISTAKE! All was fine until one night when I was driving on the autobahn in Germany, taking the Corvair to Bremerhaven in 1983 to ship back to the USA. The fan belt flipped, and snagged the elevated sending unit -- snapping the unit off and breaking the brass tube. Of course, oil sprayed everywhere, warning lights flared, and I was stranded with a hot, oily engine at night in Germany -- trying to make arrangements for a tow truck. The next day, in daylight, I was able to see what had happened. I simply removed the gauge sending unit and tubing, installed the warning light sending unit switch by itself, cleaned up the engine and headed for Bremerhaven that evening.

Anyway, I want to install an oil pressure gauge on my 1966 Corsa, and I spotted your setup in the picture. Thank you for the Clark's Corvair Parts reference. :not worthy:
Brad Bodie
rlp11

Post by rlp11 »

Hi All Yes I am alive. Had some trouble logging in but Scott fixed it.

OK lot of questions to answer.
1. Slipping rod arms. Yes you need to make them tight so that they will sort of gouge into the Stainless Steel cross shaft.
2. Yes I am working on 1966 secondary's. Got one more problem to fix but it is kicking my a&$.
3. I looked at the Turbo. I came up with something but you will have to drill holes in the cross shaft mounting flange. And they have to be acturate.
4. Yes the 1965 140 kit now comes with adjustable secondary's. The three settings are 2/3 throttle (stock), just after 1/2 throttle and just before 1/2 throttle.

I now have Linkage kits for the 1960 motor.
And the 1961 with manual choke setup. You do have to cut and save the choke cable mounting area of your old setup. I provide templets to do this and longer screws to mount everything.

I have the 1966 and later transmission pivot and the 1961-65 4 sp transmission pivot. All full bearing support.

Now that I am back on here I will compose a post with pictures and all the details. This will be after the new year.

Any questions email me at rlparent@cox.net.

Roger Parent
Roger Parent

64 Monza Driver
64 Monza Project

Return to “Corvair Talk”