Engine compartment overhaul

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
marvgarr

Engine compartment overhaul

Post by marvgarr »

well took all the tin off the engine pulled the blower bearing housing needs a new bearing removed all the wiring harness and all the plugs and grommets and painted the engine compartment flat black spent 2 hours scrubbing old grease off but looks nice I removed a rod cap to see how bad the motor was and found out that it had just been rebuilt the bearings looked brand new top and bottom the cylinders are new pistons are new this was a big relief to find out save me time and also I just bought two more corvairs they are I need of work dont run but are both full of parts and trunks are full of parts one is a 60 700 2 door and the other is a 63 900 monza 2 door the body on the monza is perfect the 60 needs floor pans and interior the monza needs interior also
right side
right side
left side and body tag
left side and body tag
left side battery box this was all rusted from battery acid
left side battery box this was all rusted from battery acid
still needs another coat but is looking good so far
PHX65CorsaHT

Re: Engine compartment overhaul

Post by PHX65CorsaHT »

Now that you have a nice base coat shoot it with semi-gloss!
Cave Creek AZ---75 Datsun PU, 82 Toyota Supra, 70 Nova,
65 Chevy PU, 72 Suburban,
96 4Runner, 06 Sequoia, 65 Corvair Coupe
mart

Post by mart »

inspiration for me, I hope to be at that stage in a couple of weeks
marvgarr

Post by marvgarr »

I but the last coat of semi black high heat yesturday started mounting the little stuff back in the compartment waiting on my gaskets for top cover and clarks to send me the right 3 hole grommet this is what i like about those people i ordered all the grommets and boots and seals not the top housing gaskets set though (autozone) also ordered new modulator line as i did not have one and also new fuel line and a new blower bearing i got the parts yesturday and found a 2 hole grommet looked at the invoice i was billed for a 3 hole i called them and they said were shipping it out today sorry for the mix up now that is service i got all the shrouds painted today also and the blower insatlled the blower bearing yesturday used the hot water pressure washer at work to clean all the tin made short work off it also it blasted off most of the old paint so made it even easier so just waiting tell tuesday when all the rest off the parts come in need to repai the wiring harness so i will stay busy tell tuesday
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Looking great! Thanks for the photos.
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
marvgarr

Post by marvgarr »

thanks will post the finished pics when done got wiring harness done and in the car and mounted all the little stuff back in the compartment

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”