'68 Monza Coupe

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
Corvair.crazy
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: '68 Monza Coupe

Post by Corvair.crazy »

That is looking really good. I didn't notice it was a AC car before, that is cool. (literally) I like the Camaro wheel too.
Jon
CORSA member
1962 Spyder convert
1961 Rampside
rfw66

Post by rfw66 »

I forgot to post the pictures of the razor blade scraping process.... Uggg and NO you won't warp the pannels!
Attachments
gitting started on stripping 3 coats of paint
gitting started on stripping 3 coats of paint
Finished with the heat gun process. Bubbles it right up, scrape it off. Worked for me!
Finished with the heat gun process. Bubbles it right up, scrape it off. Worked for me!
Bob W
65 Corsa convertible
68 Monza coupe
Am-Iron
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Am-Iron »

That just goes to show, you learn something new everyday! Thanks for the tip! That works great on undercoating as well!
Check out my FB Page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Corvair-O ... 0804308827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rfw66

Post by rfw66 »

Took out the '68 for a drive today. NOS Mag hubcaps that I have been saving got a wash and shine for their first ever time on the street. The 65/66 Wires are going back on after I shine them up and remove the curb rash!
Attachments
'68 with paint.jpg
Bob W
65 Corsa convertible
68 Monza coupe
Am-Iron
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Am-Iron »

:not worthy: Bob, That really looks great! I am very happy to see you have it out on the road! I love the feeling of getting them out for a drive after all the hard work! I did not even get to do that with my truck, I did get one burn out in it though! The best memory of that was a few runs around the block with my little girl, and hearing the new owner drive away. That 312 Y block sure sounded sweet! The 68 is very nice, I know it looks better in person too! A fine job!
Check out my FB Page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Corvair-O ... 0804308827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rfw66

Post by rfw66 »

TikiRalph: How is your wagon coming along? Do you hate rust yet?
Bob W
65 Corsa convertible
68 Monza coupe
rfw66

Post by rfw66 »

Thanks Allen! I still have lots to do on the inside to finish.
I have taken it home so I don't have to drive 25 miles (round trip) to work on it at my son's house.
Plus it is out of his way.
I will be working on finishing up the elect on the Gasoline Heater and reinstalling all the A/C components, radio and new speakers and gauges etc... in the dash in my own garage. Yes, I said, "Gasoline Heater." ! Originally installed by the previous owner....about 15 years ago!
I will take pictures of the placement and controls as I get going. Not many Gasoline Heaters in a LM, I hear! Of course I may need some help from you out there with gasoline heater knowledge and expertise.
NO I am NOT worried about the fuel mileage using a GH.
Keep us all posted on your convertible's V8 transformation. It will be great to see it all come together.........
Bob W
65 Corsa convertible
68 Monza coupe
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Very nice, RFW! I love how you removed the drip rails. I've got tons of respect for those who dive in and really get down and knock out large chunks of work on their cars and finish 'em up pretty quick. I know it's not easy to stay motivated sometimes and I tip my hat to you and Mart both on that.... :clap:
rfw66

Post by rfw66 »

A few pictures of the '68 finally at home! Still needs a lot of cleaning in the engine and trunk areas.
Then engine will get cleaned up when I replace the howling blower bearing! The new Himi joint throttle linkage will be installed then too! New tires are on the list as well.
Wow still much to do!
Attachments
In MY driveway for the first time in a long time!
In MY driveway for the first time in a long time!
Passenger side detail. Drip rail? What drip rail? Door handles? I don't need no stinkin' door handles!
Passenger side detail. Drip rail? What drip rail? Door handles? I don't need no stinkin' door handles!
First ever, engine shot! Yes, it is still dirty. I am so lazy!
First ever, engine shot! Yes, it is still dirty. I am so lazy!
Driver side: '70 Camaro remote, outside RV mirror. The passenger side mirror will be installed after it gets a nice coat of paint!
Driver side: '70 Camaro remote, outside RV mirror. The passenger side mirror will be installed after it gets a nice coat of paint!
Bob W
65 Corsa convertible
68 Monza coupe
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

cool smooth looking corvair mmmmmmh I LIKE IT !!!!
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

What's up with that blower motor right there?......did U add that?
mart

Post by mart »

Hmmmmm....remove drip rails eh? ...............no ...stoppit, I have enough to do, looks good though...hmmmmmm...maybe? :think:
rfw66

Post by rfw66 »

THIS '68 has a Gasoline heater!
That is the Combustion Blower.
You can see the ignition coil on the driver's side, attached to the firewall.
I will post some pictures of the installation when I get the car up on a lift.
Bob W
65 Corsa convertible
68 Monza coupe
rfw66

Post by rfw66 »

Mart: It is easy to do, compared to what you are already doing. The front part unscrews from the "A" pillar!
If you do this mod, Be sure to protect your glass. Ask me why I say so!??
Bob W
65 Corsa convertible
68 Monza coupe
mart

Post by mart »

Hmmmm tempted, glass is already out
fjp912

Post by fjp912 »

Well I'll be. I never saw a LM gas heater setup before; EM's have them in front of course. Is that a purely aftermarket item or was it a GM dealer add-on? I have to imagine the number of LM's with a gas heater and A/C are in the single digits! I wonder if there would be any creative way to hook up some controls and temp sensors that would allow the two to function like a fully automatic climate control, switching from one to the other as needed.
FRANK PERCH
Philadelphia, PA
'64 Monza Coupe

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”