What Vehicle Did You Get Your First Traffic ticket In?

Humor, Politics, etc...
mart

Re: What Vehicle Did You Get Your First Traffic ticket In?

Post by mart »

Mid 80's Honda, they changed the speed limit from 40 to 30 , took all signs down and planted a cop with a camera, 33 in a 30 zone...b*st*rds :angry:
Mountain Pilot

Post by Mountain Pilot »

I am making no threats... I have lost to many friends to avoidable auto crashes, one friend that lost his wife and two of his children 25 years apart to speeders ( one on the open highway 75 mph limit, lost control at over 100 mph and came across a medium and killed his 2 year old girl and his wife. ) Freeway accidents are the worse. At 120 mph you have 6 times the energy stored up in the cars speed as at 60 mph, six times the destruction... Desire to go fast do as I did and go to Nevada and run in the Silver State Classic.

Just got back from a trucker wreck. He lost control on a curve, side swiped an 5th Wheel RV, if the truck was 4 feet further over he would have killed a family of six. In this case all survived with just cuts and scratches. I have seen too many that did not turn out this way. Speed Kills, do not believe otherwise. A car is not a toy or a video game that you can hit reset and all is well again.

It was Olivers attitude about beating the system and "loving" how he got by with it just rubbed me wrong. Next time it may not be so and there will be stiffer consequences to face. Or a grieving Father...

If you desire to brag about being stupid, go ahead, but do not make light of it or think it was funny...
Richard Cutter
Monte Vista, Colorado

1960 700 Sedan / 1964 Spyder, Conv. / 1964 Monza Sedan
“Truth is Treason in the Empire of Lies.” -George Orwell
gbirk1

Post by gbirk1 »

The one and only ticket I have gotten was in 1977 in a 1963 Buick Special with a 215 V8 3-on-the-tree that I paid $150.00 for. Bought it after seeing on the side of the road for sale as I wanted a winter beater. My friend and I took it for a test ride and gently went through the gears and was doing about 30-35 in third. My friend and I looked at each other and I said, "Let;s see what she'lll do."

I dropped it into second and as I let the clutch out quick, the back tires chirped and then then the tires chirped again as I tromped the gas and she took off faster than any car I had ever driven up to that point in my 19 year old life!

Best "sleeper" car I ever had and won a number of stoplight challenges with my somewhat rusty but very trusty Buick. I had another friend with a nice 318 Challenger who could not lose me no matter how hard he tried--made him mad because his car was nice and mine was...not so nice. I also got 19 mpg city and 24 highway with that car.

Stupid me--I got the ticket even though I had a CB radio and knew there was radar ahead but I was confused as to where the radar was. Found out the hard (and) expensive way.
Gregg Birkholz
Canaan, CT

1967 Monza Vert 110 HP PG

and too many other cars...
robertto

Post by robertto »

´81 Beetle with a 34hp 1200cc. :rolling:

One day after my driving licence test! ::-):
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:nono: :evil: A Corvair, of course!

Let's see, I'm 59 years old and tryin' ta remember...

Yes, I think I've got it...

1971, travelling eastbound on the 101 Ventura freeway, passing Thousand Oaks and approachinng the Westlake Blvd offramp, heading to my job as a pump jockey at Jack Galley's Mobil. Speeding in my 1965 turbocharged Corvair Corsa coupe. Doin' maybe 75 at age 18, and nailed by the CHP (California Highway Patrol).

Let's see... I've had about six speedin' tickets in my life, and two of them were on a motorcycle. ALL of the speeding tickets that I received in a car over the years were received while driving a C O R V A I R!!! The very first was already described above, when I was 18. Tickets number 2 and 3 were both given on the same day, in IOWA (the "speed trap state" in 1981, as far as I was concerned by the end of the day). I was hot-doggin' it from Lake Tahoe, California to New Jersey in my white 1965 Corsa coupe, with my wife at my side and my two children in the back seat. We were heading to New Jersey to ship the car to Bremerhaven, West Germany, as we were returning at the end of my leave to my Air Force assignment at a microwave communications relay site at Bann, Germany (near Ramstein Air Base and Kaiserslautern, in Southwest Germany). The speed limit at that time was the dreaded double-nickel (55), all over the country. I believe my first ticket on that day was for traveling at 62MPH, and my second was for about 57MPH. No warnings, no pity, no forgiveness for a military guy going back overseas to serve his country, with his wife and two kids in tow. Just two Iowa-based speeding tickets. For a long time after that I resented the fact that we owned an Amana RadarRange microwave oven, that was manufactured in Amana, Iowa. Every time I popped some popcorn or heated some food in that microwave I was reminded of my Iowa speeding tickets! :angry:

I said four tickets in a Corvair. Number four was issued electronically in Germany. My Corvair was photographed by a radar-controlled camera on the Autobahn, near a construction area close to Frankfurt. I received the ticket in the mail, and paid it at the Bundespost (Post Office) near our home at Vogelweh military housing. Pretty-darn efficient, those German Polizei!

My last speeding ticket was received in 1985 while riding my Honda CB-1100F motorcycle on a quiet Sunday morning, for doing 60MPH in a 55 zone (nationwide 55, remember!) I was in uniform, on the 101 Ventura Freeway, heading for Van Nuys to work with an Air National Guard unit (I was an Air Force instructor and technical advisor). It was a sunny, quiet Sunday morning near Newbury Park (only about five miles from the location on that very same freeway where I had received my very first ticket 14 years earlier!) Four lanes, good weather, wide open, no other traffic at all! I graciously received my ticket for going 60MPH in a 55 (on a freeway designed for 70MPH), and the CHP officer also lectured me for being unsafe (at any speed?)... Sorry Ralph.

Anyway, 1985 was my last speeding ticket... until 26 years later -- almost forgot -- when I was caught doing 70 (well, maybe 80) in a 55 on a rural highway near our North Carolina home -- damn quiet Lexus -- damn high-powered aluminum V8 -- I didn't even notice my speed until I saw the blue light special in my rear view mirror! Just takin' the wife out to breakfast on a quiet Sunday mornin' I was! Oh well!

So, in spite of my two 1300cc motorcycles -- one of 'em a Suzuki Hayabusa that's good for an honest 200MPH (although I am not), I've been pretty good for the last 27 years -- only one ticket in over a quqrter century. The Lexus is gone... traded in on a 1966 Corvair Corsa. But come to think of it, all of my other speeding tickets that I received in cars were received in Corvairs! Maybe I'm in trouble!! :checkeredflag:
Attachments
My 1965 Corsa Coupe (in 1981) - Good for Speeding Tickets 2, 3, and 4!
My 1965 Corsa Coupe (in 1981) - Good for Speeding Tickets 2, 3, and 4!
My 1983 Honda CB-1100F - No Tickets, But One Close Call!
My 1983 Honda CB-1100F - No Tickets, But One Close Call!
My 160MPH 1987 Honda Hurricane 1000 - 1 Speeding Ticket
My 160MPH 1987 Honda Hurricane 1000 - 1 Speeding Ticket
My 2003 Yamaha FJR-1300 - A Sport-Touring Bike - No Tickets!
My 2003 Yamaha FJR-1300 - A Sport-Touring Bike - No Tickets!
My 200MPH Suzuki Hayabusa - No Tickets at All, Believe It or Not...
My 200MPH Suzuki Hayabusa - No Tickets at All, Believe It or Not...
2008 Lexus GS-460 - My Last Speeding Ticket (in 2011)
2008 Lexus GS-460 - My Last Speeding Ticket (in 2011)
My Recently Acquired 1966 Corsa Convertible - So Far, So Good
My Recently Acquired 1966 Corsa Convertible - So Far, So Good
Last edited by bbodie52 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Wow......cool stories from you guys! Geez, I can't believe some of ya'll have had so few tickets! I've had a ton of tickets over the years! My first speeding ticket (1st ticket) was in my '67 Pontiac Grand Prix. It was a 400 4-barrel with the 10.5 to 1 and dual exhaust motor, I'm pretty sure basically the same as the GTO's had. Anyway, I was doing between 110 and 120 going northbound on the 710 Long Beach fwy. 16 years old and just coming home from spending the night with my first "real" girlfriend! :evil: I was on cloud 9 and "KING OF THE WORLD"! ha ha ha ha.....

One of the coolest cars ever made, IMO!

Mountain Pilot

Post by Mountain Pilot »

1958 Vespa 125 doing 30 in a 25 zone - :nono: It topped out at 40 mph..... :dontknow: Paid $75 for it in 1962....

I did not see him behind me and when he hit the siren I almost crashed..... :tongue:
Richard Cutter
Monte Vista, Colorado

1960 700 Sedan / 1964 Spyder, Conv. / 1964 Monza Sedan
“Truth is Treason in the Empire of Lies.” -George Orwell
jennirw
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by jennirw »

A 1960 Studebaker Lark 2-door V-8 stick, I believe it was in 1964 on my way to college (I was 21 but looked much younger) on a bright, sunny day in the winter with slush in the center and along the shoulder. I had just turned a corner from a side street and fell in behind a VW van going slow, as soon as the way was clear, I passed the VW. Shortly thereafter I noticed a township police car following me so I watched my speed. As I was about to leave the township his lights went on and I pulled over. He asked me what was my hurry & I replied that I was in no hurry. He said I was speeding which I denied, then he says that I have a burnt taillight. Now, I did not have my lights on but discovered that my right taillight appeared to be on - turn out the turn signal had not fully cancelled and left the light on - for some reason when that happened the left brake light did not work. He dropped that and then says "Did you know you crossed a double yellow line, in 10 more feet you would not have crossed it?" I said no, where? He says back at the intersection where I had turned. He gave me a ticket for crossing a double yellow line. When I went back to the location where I passed the VW I had to agree I had crossed the line - but it was covered by snow slush and I never saw it. That ticket was costly.
I never got another ticket for 20 years although I was stopped twice more once more in 1964 with the Lark and again in the early 1970's in a 61 Corvair 700 Sedan - no ticket either time.
1960 STUDEBAKER LARK.jpg
1960 700 COUPE
ADMINISTRATOR- "1960 CAVEMAN CORVAIR" Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "CAVEMAN CORVAIRS, THE 1960 GROUP" CORSA special interest chapter 003 Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "DETROIT AREA CORVAIR CLUB (DACC)" Facebook
markdamon63

Post by markdamon63 »

1972 Olds Cutlass Supreme with Rocket 350, first ticket in 1979. I had one of the legendary factory cars that everything was "right" in. Would topend at 140 mph with single exhaust. So fast that white dotted line in the highway was a solid line. Raced everything from 327 Camaros to 6.6 liter Trans Ams, won most of them. :burnout: About 8-10 tickets in a 3 year span, I have no idea :dontknow: why I did not lose my license. Got so bad that the city cops all knew my car. Last cop that stopped me got out of his car and just busted out laughing. Said, "Mark would you PLEASE slow down, you are gonna get killed." Did not give me a ticket. After my insurance got to be more per month than my car payment, that was enough, have not had a ticket since then. EXCEPT ...... was hit by a TRAIN some years later in a 73 Dodge Duster.......crossed the tracks in front of a slow moving locomotive that I did not see and did not hear because my stereo was up too loud. Got a ticket for FAILURE TO YIELD, really? You think? By the way, not a scratch on the locomotive. LOL FINALLY, I have allowed my guardian angel to retire and have been incident free for about 25 years...... I know he/she is glad!

Mark M
63 Monza Spyder
Mark M
63 Corvair Monza Spyder
East Texas
Bruins_Fan
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Bruins_Fan »

In a 1984 Chevy Chevette, within a few months of getting my license. The local cop that wrote the ticket was known to be a ballbuster. I was maybe 10 mph over the limit. :dontknow:
'66 Monza Convertible 110hp Powerglide
Vaircooled

Post by Vaircooled »

My first ticket was in 1987 driving a 1973 Beetle and I did a "California roll" at a stop sign. Didn't get another ticket for 11 years when I got my first speeding ticket in Georgia. Was driving an 87 Sunbird Doing 70 in a 65. Next and latest ticket was in 2011 doing 51 in a 45 in my 05 silverado. Never got a ticket in my 64 monza, maybe because I was just so proud of driving it. ::-): Still wish I had that car back :sad5:
Shane
1960 700 Sedan
Grandpacorvair

Post by Grandpacorvair »

My first ticket was 'earned' when I was a teenager driving my first Corvair (1964 Monza convertible) Did a slow roll through a stop sign...............right next to a school...........with the cop sitting right there..........

My second ticket was also 'earned' a few years later..same car.. by speeding after exiting the freeway (it was 1am in the morning after work.) Cop followed me for a mile or so, trying to get me to slow down. Problem was I couldn't see him back there since my rear window was badly fogged/scratched up. Paid the ticket, and had a new window installed!

Kerry
Kerry Borgne
1963 Spyder Convertible
Birmingham, Michigan
Jean & Dave Yarosq

Post by Jean & Dave Yarosq »

That would be a '55 Chevy Bel Air. In fact, once with that car I managed to get 3 tickets in 3 separate incidents all in the same day!
Attachments
55 Chevy.jpg
Dave Yaros

On the web
http://www.freewebs.com/jeandaveyaros" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" -62 Olds Site
http://GrayLady.atwebpages.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" -55 Cad Coupe de Ville Site
http://www.scribd.com/D_Yaros" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" -Car Collector Chronicles Newsletter
65corvaircopnj
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 65corvaircopnj »

Best traffic stop line overheard, not used.

"Officer I thought pretty girls don't get tickets?"

"That's correct Ma'am. Sign here, the number for the court is on the top right."
Chris
55 Belair Sedan
Used to have: 65 Monza Convertible; 66 Monza Cp w A/C ; 63 Monza Cp
idealride

Post by idealride »

1970 Cuda 340 4 speed. I got 8 tickets total. I did a burnout and banged 2nd gear. Some guy starts chasing me in a old green pick up truck. He finally catches up at a stop sign I didnt blow. Thats when I found out he was Chief of Police, just happened to live in the neighborhood. :dontknow:
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:welcome2: to the corvair forum, the best group around , but I always loved the cuda.... My corvair as a kid had a cuda hood scoope on the rear deck.. LOOK good and worked..... I bet you dont go drinking coffee with your new found friend. I bet he has a eye on you..... :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: welcome aboard......Crazy George

Return to “Off Topic”