Electric Fuel Pump Question

All Models and Years
Monzaguy

Re: Electric Fuel Pump Question

Post by Monzaguy »

My solution to this issue is simple --- I have AAA and Hagerty extended tow insurance. Sure make a trip in the Corvair less stressful - :tu:

Excellent advice from 66VAIRGUY
RexJohnson

Post by RexJohnson »

On my electric fuel pumps I use the oil switch to control them. I also have a relay to bypass the oil switch when cranking. I like to have oil pressure when I start my car after sitting a long time. Delco starters are tough they can handle the cranking.
RJ Tools Salem, OR
69 conv pulling a 66 trailer
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

My 66 More Door has the inertia switch and low oil pressure switch both controlled by the ignition circuit tied in on fuse box IGN terminal. My 110 engine produces above 7 psi oil pressure (light out spec) well before the engine is capable of achieving idle. That is why there is no reason not to have the circuit designed the way mine is. Another electrically knowledgeable Forum Member reviewed my diagram and made some recomendations before I had my final design. I greatly appreciated his help in the reviewing and catching things I had missed. (Thanks, Craig)

My circuit can be found in the ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP CONVERSION IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS.
viewtopic.php?t=17257&start=16

My 66 Monza Coupe will get Ted Brown's Carb in-tank fuel pump hopefully this year. I have to do a diagram for it, which may include the using the relay on the Black Box Fuse Panel mod. This Fuse Panel with modern fuses has a relay mounted availible for any possible use. I like this pump for it simplicity, no reworking fuel line to make lines fit, no added mounts, lack of noise.

https://corvair-efi.com/parts-accessori ... -corvairs/

https://www.racersrods.com/product-p/wb-15-corvair.htm
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
1966 More Door 110 PG FOR SALE
Dennis66

Post by Dennis66 »

Wow! FYI for future readers - the website shows a price of 149.99 plus 13.00 shipping This includes new sender AND electric pump. Had I know this at the time, I would have an in-tank pump in mine right now. I paid close to this for my quality external pump. (of course I hadn't planned on dropping, cleaning, and sealing my tank back then either. I never had any problem with the pumps on any of the 7 Vegas I owned. Dennis

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”