Shout ot to Bill Hubbell

Anything Corvair related
Frank DuVal

Shout ot to Bill Hubbell

Post by Frank DuVal »

Thank you Bill! I know, other forum, but, you answered the what license plate lens fit what years.
:rolling:
It is amazing how many people do not know the 61 and 62 cars came without license plate lamp lenses. Just a rubber "washer/o-ring/grommet" on the lamp to keep water out of the socket. I was not sure the years myself, but do remember working on many cars that did not have a lens, nor holes to install the lens.

The other respondents wanted the guy to drill holes and mount a lens in the defective part.... :td: :doh:

BTW, I did read all the Claypool articles on Stock Is, but it's been 30+ years! Maybe they could be re-run. For new people, or us old guys.....
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Hey look, blue background! :wink: :thumbsup: :car: :spider: :frog: :train:
66vairguy

Re: Shout ot to Bill Hubbell

Post by 66vairguy »

Frank DuVal wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:13 pm Thank you Bill! I know, other forum, but, you answered the what license plate lens fit what years.
It is amazing how many people do not know the 61 and 62 cars came without license plate lamp lenses. Just a rubber "washer/o-ring/grommet" on the lamp to keep water out of the socket. I was not sure the years myself, but do remember working on many cars that did not have a lens, nor holes to install the lens.

The other respondents wanted the guy to drill holes and mount a lens in the defective part.... :td: :doh:

BTW, I did read all the Claypool articles on Stock Is, but it's been 30+ years! Maybe they could be re-run. For new people, or us old guys.....
I saw Bill's knowledgeable response and it was well done! This is why I wait for different responses on a subject as folks can make assumptions without knowledge.
whubbell

Post by whubbell »

Frank DuVal wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:13 pm

The thread Frank mentioned is here:
https://corvaircenter.com/forum/viewtop ... 9#p1192346

For those of you who are CORSA members, you can login to their site, navigate to the Tech Topics Search, check “Corsa Comminique”, select “Stock Is…” under Topics, and then type in whatever keyword you are researching and it will bring up any relevant publications.
Bill Hubbell
President, Stock Corvair Group
jmiahman

Post by jmiahman »

Here's what my '60 plate light looks like in case it's a help to anyone.
plate_light.jpg
1960 Mystery Monza Corvair (named Rusty) Engine ID: T0602YD
Jeremiah from QueenCreek, AZ

Return to “Corvair Talk”