what color are the hinges/latches/etc?

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
miatawnt2b

what color are the hinges/latches/etc?

Post by miatawnt2b »

Anyone know what the factory paint looked like on a 1965 Corsa for things like hinges/latches/etc?
I am guessing that the engine bay latch was probably black, but on a Corsa, would the catch behind the license plate be silver like the cove or a different color?
Likewise, how about the trunk lid ring and hardware? I'm guessing black. How about the front trunk hinges?
How about door hinges?

If anyone has pics of these areas of an original 65 Corsa I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks!
65 Corsa 4 speed coupe. Bought new Feb 65, 4th owner, no wrecks no rust.
66vairguy

Re: what color are the hinges/latches/etc?

Post by 66vairguy »

Canada Corvairs were different and it's been documented the Los Angeles built cars were different. One thing I recall is the L.A. cars had a different color trunk paint compared to Willow run.

My 66 four door had hinges AND bolts painted body color. The trunk latch on the lid was body color, the mechanism on the brace in the trunk was painted trunk color.

The engine lid latch and brace for the engine lid latch was as it was covered with crud. Hard to say if it was painted.

Does anybody know if there are show guidelines for Stock class.
vairmech

Re: what color are the hinges/latches/etc?

Post by vairmech »

66vairguy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:20 pm Snip
Does anybody know if there are show guidelines for Stock class.
There are the Stock is articles and then the Corsa Concours rules. Other than that I know of nothing specific like you are looking for. It is also harder to find original cars any more, after 64 to 54 years old there isn't anything out there that hasn't been touched in some way.
Ken Hand
248 613 8586
vairmech@aol.com
Corsa Past President
Corvanatics Vice Prez
Chair 2007 Detroit Convention
Co-chair 2014 Tacoma Convention

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”