Clarks front shock absorbers

All Models and Years
bam0672

Clarks front shock absorbers

Post by bam0672 »

Anyone have any experience with Clark's private brand front gas shocks? Trying to decide between their shocks and the KYB gas shocks.

Thanks
joelsplace

Re: Clarks front shock absorbers

Post by joelsplace »

I can say I run the KYB Gas-A-Just on several of my Corvairs and love them. Not so much on the rear.
I bought a set of Clark's a while back and they look very high quality and they have nice round holes in the mount instead of the slots. I haven't installed them yet but mine are rears. I'm hoping they are shorter than the KYBs to limit droop.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
chris

Post by chris »

I have Clark's shocks all around, but the regular version, not the gas. They're good shocks and installation was a snap. They are firmer than I expected so it makes me wonder how much firmer the gas version is?
gbullman

Post by gbullman »

I have Clark’s gas charged shocks all around and love them. C2823 up front and C2824 in back. I prefer a little firm ride and these deliver. I’ve done a couple of decent highway runs and pleasantly surprised how well they do in handling washboard lanes.
Gary Bullman
66 Corsa Convertible
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

I too have used some KYBs that worked okay on the front but would not control the rear. If you push the rear down a few times they keep on bouncing. There may be KYB models that work so I don't mean to disparage the entire product line.
I think the EM Corvair rear needs a shock especially for the application not just something that physically fits. Clarks has different shocks for front and rear. They may cost a little more but are less than if you have to buy shocks twice.
Just my opinion and I could be wrong.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”