Mystery Brown wire

All Models and Years
County98

Mystery Brown wire

Post by County98 »

I've looked through a bunch of diagrams, but there's a few brown wires in the engine harness and I'm confused.

This brown wire with a connector on it (and Clark's harness tag). Where does it go?

I'm using the Clark's Alternator upgrade kit and Seth's Stinger distributor/coil, so my stuff isn't standard.
20240319_163140.jpg
Cheers!

-Shayne
Lawton, OK

'66 Corsa work in progress
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8079
66vairguy

Re: Mystery Brown wire

Post by 66vairguy »

County98 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:38 pm I've looked through a bunch of diagrams, but there's a few brown wires in the engine harness and I'm confused.

This brown wire with a connector on it (and Clark's harness tag). Where does it go?

I'm using the Clark's Alternator upgrade kit and Seth's Stinger distributor/coil, so my stuff isn't standard.

20240319_163140.jpg
What you are holding in the picture is the harness to the old external regulator. The connector now has a plug on it (four green wires) for a newer internally regulated alternator. The extra brown wire is in the harness because it connects to a plug from the license plate lamp in the engine lid. There is usually a clip on the hinge to hold the license plate and brown wire connectors. The brown wire was bundled with with the regulator wiring since it WAS close to the hinge. You want to attach that regulator plug with adapter (four green wires) close to the hinge. You can cut the harness tape to remove the brown wire from the plug harness, but you need NON- ADHEASIVE harness tape to re-wrap it. Clark's sell it.
County98

Post by County98 »

Sweet. Thank you very much. I knew about the 4-plug for the regulator, I put the jumper plug on it. Couldn't figure out the brown wire. I have no deck lid on it right now, so that makes perfect sense.

Much appreciated!
Cheers!

-Shayne
Lawton, OK

'66 Corsa work in progress
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8079
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

County98 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:27 pm Sweet. Thank you very much. I knew about the 4-plug for the regulator, I put the jumper plug on it. Couldn't figure out the brown wire. I have no deck lid on it right now, so that makes perfect sense.

Much appreciated!
You are welcome, good luck with the 66.

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”