Clark's Corvair Catalog as PDF

Anything Corvair related
barlowjames

Clark's Corvair Catalog as PDF

Post by barlowjames »

Wanted to see if anyone had a copy of Clark's catalog as a PDF?

Was paging thru the online catalog one recent night thinking about the things I would buy next and hit the Technical Section.

I like to keep paper manuals and I thought I would print the section and put it in my three ring binder with all the other articles and books I have collected.

Can't speak to the other years but the torque table in the 62 Manual/Supplement has a lot to be desired so just that alone from the section was worth the effort at least initially.

The website is not set up in a way I can print just the pages so I started to screen snip and paste them in a Word doc. Made it three pages then decided to ask.

A search turned up nothing so figured I would reach out here. I can get a paper copy of the catalog with an order but that seems like a big waste of paper just to get the 25 pages from the Technical Section.

If I can't find it I will finish what I started and create a printable PDF of this and post it unless someone has already gone thru the effort and I am just no finding it.
rcavictor

Re: Clark's Corvair Catalog as PDF

Post by rcavictor »

I’ve never seen a pdf of the Clark’s catalog
Rob

- Cornucopia of Corvairs
Ocklawaha FL
Dennis66

Post by Dennis66 »

What amazes me is seeing people trying to SELL old copies of a Clark's catalogue. See it from time to time on FB, Craigslist, and even ebay. Dennis
erco

Post by erco »

Dennis66 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:34 pm What amazes me is seeing people trying to SELL old copies of a Clark's catalogue. See it from time to time on FB, Craigslist, and even ebay. Dennis
Some people gotta collect 'em all, I guess. Frank Costanza had a TV Guide collection.

I do have a few old catalogs from Sears & Wards (Christmas Wishbooks, 1970s) that are fun to browse through. And I treasure my old JC Whitney catalog. Who remembers their FIRE INJECTORS, Continental kits and even a few Corvair items?
Attachments
whitney.jpg
erco

Post by erco »

1985 Whitney catalog online, you can flip through it.

https://archive.org/details/jc-whitney/ ... 1/mode/2up
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

CORVAIR UNDERGROUND

Before they went out of business, CORVAIR UNDERGROUND in Oregon used to publish their catalog in Adobe Reader (.pdf) format. I have attached some segments of their catalog, along with some other Corvair-related catalogs. (The complete Corvair Underground catalog file size is too large to be uploaded on the Corvair Forum website). To date I have never seen Clark's Corvair Parts publish their printed catalog in Adobe Reader format. I primarily utilize their online catalog, which I've learned to navigate through effectively. Their Corvair parts business is one business organization that I hope will continue to thrive successfully for many years to come! :clap:
Attachments
Corvair Underground - Corvair Book - 2006 Catalog - ELECTRICAL.pdf
Corvair Underground - Corvair Book - 2006 Catalog - ELECTRICAL
(18.08 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
Corvair Underground - Corvair Book - 2006 Catalog (2011) SUSPENSION AND BRAKES.pdf
Corvair Underground - Corvair Book - 2006 Catalog (2011) SUSPENSION AND BRAKES
(5.87 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
Roger Parent Catalog 8-22-2020.pdf
Roger Parent Catalog 8-22-2020
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
2019 Ron Francis Wiring Catalog - Issue 47.pdf
2019 Ron Francis Wiring Catalog - Issue 47
(14.88 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
American Autowire - 2020 Factory Fit OEM Product Catalog - GM - CORVAIR.pdf
American Autowire - 2020 Factory Fit OEM Product Catalog - GM - CORVAIR
(3.47 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
M&H Corvair Wiring Harness Catalog (2021).pdf
M&H Corvair Wiring Harness Catalog (2021)
(973.16 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

If they still print their own catalog like they used to they probably could send you a pdf of it. Someone should call them.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
tony66

Post by tony66 »

No need to take screen captures. Their online catalog is a series of PNG images. Within your browser you can right click and select "Save As" to a folder on your PC.

Pasting all the images into a word document or Power Point, and you can also save the document as a PDF file.

If you have a linux machine, there may already be a command called "convert" where you can specify al list of files (PNG, TXT, etx..) to convert to a specific single PDF file.

There are also online tools that you can upload various image files (JPEG, PNG etc) to convert to a single PDF as well. i tried one and it didn't do a good job.

The drawback to these methods is that it probably won't be a smart PDF file where you can search for specific text.
66 Corvair 500 - 4 Speed / 3.55 Posi, 65 El Camino - 357 / M21 / 12 bolt Posi, 68 Mustang - 331 EFI / 5 speed -- North of Boston
lboyer

Post by lboyer »

FYI, the .png images only include the graphics, none of the text. Their catalog would be a great resource to have in a pdf format with active links to their store, but this would not be a simple task to complete.
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

Once I got old I realized I had a TON of paper articles. Trying to find things got time consuming. I scanned or downloaded things to the computer and it made searching so much easier.

NOT THAT I TRUST THE COMPUTER NOT TO LOOSE EVERYTHING! I double back up files to external drives and keep critical information on paper!

I do print out some pages to drag to the garage and don't worry about getting them greasy or damaged. Just me ----

As far as the Corvair torque rating go --- over the years a number of folks have found errors so beware. The "OTHER FORUM" whose name I shall not speak :nono: had a list of corrections to the Corvair shop manuals. Not sure if it is still there.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:goodpost:

I have a copy of 1960-1969 Corvair Manual Errors which I have attached below.

The Corvair Assembly Manuals published by GM often contain fastener torque specifications that are not found in the Shop Manuals.

Assembly Manual Example Page Showing Torque Specs
Assembly Manual Example Page Showing Torque Specs

I have attached several sections of the 1965 Corvair Assembly Manual as examples. Numbered fasteners in the main illustration diagrams also frequently show torque specifications as a related number surrounded by a triangle, as depicted in the above page example.

I consider the Corvair Assembly Manuals to be an indispensable supplement to the related Corvair shop manual for each model year.

Assembly manuals are available from Clark's Corvair Parts for each Corvair model year. More information can be found in Clark's online catalog on pages 243A - 243B

:link: https://ssl.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalo ... _page=243A
Each Assembly Manual has a nice front and back cover. The manual is 3 hole punched so you can easily put it in a 3 hole binder. They are printed on quality 60 lb. white paper, and the finished product is shrink wrapped in clear plastic. Most of the manuals have about 200-270 pages. I have seen the same type of manual for 1957 Chevy going for $25.00 and up (and rather poorly printed at that).
I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW VALUABLE THESE MANUALS ARE.

• 1960 CORVAIR CARS (missing 1 section) C7310 2 lbs.
  • 1961 CORVAIR CARS C7311 2 lbs.
  • 1962 CORVAIR CARS C7312 2 lbs.
  • 1963 CORVAIR CARS C7313 2 lbs.
  • 1964 CORVAIR CARS C7314 2 lbs.
  • 1965 CORVAIR CARS C7315 2 lbs.
  • 1966 CORVAIR CARS C7316 2 lbs.
  • 1967 CORVAIR CARS C7317 2 lbs.
  • 1968 CORVAIR CARS C7318 2 lbs.
  • 1969 CORVAIR CARS C7319 2 lbs.

Attachments
1960-1969 Corvair Manual Errors.pdf
1960-1969 Corvair Manual Errors
(49.67 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
1965 Corvair Assembly Manual - ENGINE.pdf
1965 Corvair Assembly Manual - ENGINE
(7.71 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
1965 Corvair Assembly Manual - FRONT SUSPENSION.pdf
1965 Corvair Assembly Manual - FRONT SUSPENSION
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
1965 Corvair Assembly Manual - REAR SUSPENSION.pdf
1965 Corvair Assembly Manual - REAR SUSPENSION
(4.32 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Corventure Dave

Post by Corventure Dave »

I just get their newest paper catalog when I make a parts order and they have their latest catalog.
Easy Peasy.
I can find items much faster with the paper catalog. I also always make my orders by phone. This
way they can tell me if something is out of stock or back ordered. No headaches.

Corventure Dave

Return to “Corvair Talk”