Candidates for CORSA Director

Anything Corvair related
ihscomputers
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Candidates for CORSA Director

Post by ihscomputers »

Per a group email from CORSA President, Paul Sergeant, to the CORSA members who submitted their nominations to be elected to the CORSA Board of Directors in the coming 2024 election, please note the following:

EASTERN DIVISION with 2 seats open for election:

Titus Stewart is running for re-election

Dean Gemberling is running for election.

CENTRAL DIVISION with 1 seat open for election

Jack Green is running for election

Larry Claypool is running for election

WESTERN DIVISION with 1 seat open for election

Dave Watson aka Davemotohead is running for election

Greg Vargas is running for re-election
Dean F. Gemberling
Box Springs, Georgia
Heart of Georgia Webmaster

1963 Rampside w/305 V8 - Built by Ken Arnold in 1998
1965 Monza Coupe w/63 Buick 215 V8 - Former 13-second Drag Car by Ken Arnold
American Mel

Re: Candidates for CORSA Director

Post by American Mel »

Remember!
No matter what is on your ballot, ONLY vote for candidates IN YOUR DIVISION!, unless you want you ballot tossed out.
Currently own: '66Monza Coupe, '67Monza Vert, '67A/C Monza Sport Sedan
Have owned: '61Monza Coupe, '62Monza Wagon, '63Spyder, '65 Corsa
Loc: WA, One mile south of Canadian border.
MtnVairMike

Post by MtnVairMike »

Go Davemotohead!!!!
1966 Monza Convertible, 140HP-4 speed, Ermine White
1969 Monza Convertible, 110HP-PG, Frost Green, #3753
Doug Ward

Post by Doug Ward »

Dave Watson, please try to contact me. I've sent you my tel # and email . I can not post on the old forum or get or send PM's anymore either. Geez ! what a train wreck the CCF turned out to be !. I want to invite you to our Vintage Corsa meeting this Saturday. Doug Ward
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Hey Doug, I will give you a call this afternoon! :tu:
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

The voting period will begin when the April Communique magazine is published. You'll be able to vote online at the CORSA website. Alternatively, you can vote via US Postal mail. A paper ballot will be published in the April issue of the Communique. The voting period will extend out to May 31st inclusive, which meets the 60 day requirement. Vote and have fun! ::-):
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

Good News!

AmericanMel wrote, "No matter what is on your ballot, ONLY vote for candidates IN YOUR DIVISION!, unless you want you ballot tossed out."

Yes, that still holds true for those of you who vote using the paper ballot. So please, please be careful!

But for those of you who vote online, we now have a safeguard. Thanks for the efforts of CORSA Director Jeannette Alberte working with our I/T guy, the online ballot page has been redesigned such that it enables a member to vote only for the candidates running for office in his or her division.

When a member logs into the CORSA website, the software looks up the State or Province in which the member resides and cross-references it to the proper CORSA division. The online ballot page then presents only those candidates running for office in the member's division.

You'll see how it works when the online ballot is activated - which will be when the voting period begins in a few weeks.

Thank You Jeannette! ::-):
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Al, can't the same thing be done with the mail in paper ballots? Why cant Corsa only mail ballots out that contain the candidates in the members / clubs region to avoid members from voting out of their area?

AND if someone does accidentally vote for a candidate not in their region why toss the ballot out? How hard is it to contact that club or person and let them know they made a mistake on a ballot and either have them vote again or give them a chance to correct their mistake? Tossing out a complete ballot because somebody made a mistake is not very productive IMO when a simple phone call can fix the problem! There are not that many ballots cast anyways so I don't see why a simple phone call if a problem is found cannot be made to correct a vote problem? Just seems like common sense to me!
RexJohnson

Post by RexJohnson »

You could also just not count the votes that are out of the voters division?
RJ Tools Salem, OR
69 conv pulling a 66 trailer
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

That would make sense Rex. I'm guessing it is something in the bylaws. That needs to be changed.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
jmiahman

Post by jmiahman »

I'd vote if I could register online, however, it doesn't display the captcha and complains it's not clicked. Who's their QA team they need to be kicked into gear.
1960 Mystery Monza Corvair (named Rusty) Engine ID: T0602YD
Jeremiah from QueenCreek, AZ
ihscomputers
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by ihscomputers »

Jeremiah,

If Allan Lacki does not see this and respond, you should send him an email to: redbat01@verizon.net

Allan is very responsive and will go out of his way to help you.

Dean
Dean F. Gemberling
Box Springs, Georgia

davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

I had the same Captcha problem 3 months ago trying to recover my acct to rejoin, I thought they had it fixed?
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

Hi Jeremiah,

I see that you attempted to join but the transaction wasn't completed. Please delete your browser history and try again.

This "captcha" problem cropped up a month ago and our I/T guys fixed it. It's possible that you're looking at the pre-fixed version of the same page, which may be stored in your computer's cache.

If that doesn't work, please send an email to me ASAP so we can get to the bottom of this. My email address is redbat01@verizon.net.

In the meantime, call our Executive Secretary Paul Bergstrom. He can sign you up over the phone. Have your credit card handy, of course. Paul's phone number is (630) 403-5010.

Allan Lacki for CORSA ::-):
Last edited by Allan Lacki on Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Allan Lacki

Post by Allan Lacki »

Hello Dave Watson & Rex Johnson,

Regarding members casting votes in CORSA Divisions other than their own... I did some research yesterday. Most of that occurred with the online votes, not the paper ballots. As noted above, the online voting web page is now designed to prevent that. But of course, that doesn't address the situation with the paper ballots as you noted.

In 2023, there were only seven members who voted outside their Division on their paper ballots. With so few cases, it would be pretty easy to manually identify the Division where the member lives and count that member's vote accordingly as Rex suggested.

Also, as another safeguard, the paper ballot, which will be published in the April Communique, will have better instructions to minimize this situation.

Allan Lacki
Secretary to the CORSA Board of Directors ::-):
ihscomputers
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by ihscomputers »

Allan,

Thank you very much for doing more research on last year's "spoiled" ballot results and for letting everyone know what you found, especially how CORSA can make more votes count.

Also, thanks for helping Jeremiah!

Dean
Dean F. Gemberling
Box Springs, Georgia

Return to “Corvair Talk”