Rebuilt Harmonic Balancers

All Models and Years
jimbrandberg

Rebuilt Harmonic Balancers

Post by jimbrandberg »

I boxed up 3 harmonic balancers to send to Dale like I usually do and thought I'd call first. Good thing I did because a recorded message says that they are retired and thank you for your business over the years.
Is there someone else rebuilding them or should I just go through California Corvairs?
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com
chris

Re: Rebuilt Harmonic Balancers

Post by chris »

Good question Jim. I've bought mine through Mike Dawson in our club, as he gets them rebuilt at an affordable price.
Frank DuVal

Post by Frank DuVal »

Check with Damper Doctor:

https://www.damperdoctor.com/

I know they have done some other brand/engine balancers for friends.

:google: :wrench: :coffee: :pop:
Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Hey look, blue background! :wink: :thumbsup: :car: :spider: :frog: :train:
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

I have used Doctor Damper. No complaints. Been around for years and that is mostly what they do. They do a LOT of different vehicles. If you want them to rebuild what you have sent them, then you must be specific as they usually send whats sitting on the shelf to speed things up.
jimbrandberg

Post by jimbrandberg »

I contacted Damper Doctor and have to get back to him Monday as he wasn't at the shop.
I contacted Damper Dudes and they were $80 each with just a few days lead time. Seems on the low side.
What are some of the particulars I need to be concerned about? I know Dale had something for radio interference or something. It was easy having him do it because he knew all about it and I just always like the idea of supporting him.
I'm not so keen on the Made in China new ones. The Made in USA new ones are nice but I haven't priced them lately.
Thanks for any insights.
Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”