O.T. (Sort of) Are you interested in STOPPING Keyword Spamming on e-bay?

Humor, Politics, etc...
caraholic4life

O.T. (Sort of) Are you interested in STOPPING Keyword Spamming on e-bay?

Post by caraholic4life »

Are you interested in stopping Keyword Spamming on e-bay?

Have you ever searched for an item on e-bay and had multiple items result that were completely unrelated to what you were looking for?

This happens on a regular basis as many sellers use Keyword Spamming, either hidden or in the description and part number sections of their listings.

IF you think think this is an unethical practice that should be stopped, consider reporting these sellers to e-bay.
IF enough people report these practices to e-bay, they might actually take action someday. Probably not immediately, but hopefully eventually.

Here is an example of one of these Keyword Spamming listings that resulted recently when I searched Corvair -fits in the e-bay motors parts and accessories category of the site.

IF everyone here that searches e-bay were to report these abuses of the search feature, maybe e-bay will notice and address these issues. :pray:
There are about a dozen sellers that routinely include the word Corvair, NOS , or both in their listings for non Corvair related items including used items. Sometimes when searching Corvair NOS -fits, I see dozens of used items due to Keyword Spamming. I for one think this needs to Stop.
Attachments
This is an example of the lengths some sellers go to in order to get their listing to come up when something else is searched.
This is an example of the lengths some sellers go to in order to get their listing to come up when something else is searched.
This is how I have reported individuals using Keyword Spamming on a regular basis.<br />This seller listed at least 20 items today that were not Corvair related in any way but came up in my search.
This is how I have reported individuals using Keyword Spamming on a regular basis.
This seller listed at least 20 items today that were not Corvair related in any way but came up in my search.
This is what I say when seeing USED items come up when searching Corvair NOS -fits
This is what I say when seeing USED items come up when searching Corvair NOS -fits
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
joelsplace

Re: O.T. (Sort of) Are you interested in STOPPING Keyword Spamming on e-bay?

Post by joelsplace »

Good idea. I'll start reporting any I run across.
One thing I've seen is that using -whatever filters out a lot of things it shouldn't. The search is totally broken. Sometimes I find things on eBay via Google when I can't find them searching on eBay.
When I search corvair -fits I only get 60 hits. 24,000+ just searching corvair.
Post some links so we can all report them.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
scooperman

Re: O.T. (Sort of) Are you interested in STOPPING Keyword Spamming on e-bay?

Post by scooperman »

somebody should start an Ebay competitor that only allows NOS automotive items: sort of like RockAuto with individual sellers.

Return to “Off Topic”