Smokin' Deals!

(Corvair ads you find on other sites can also be discussed here, i.e. ebay, craigslist.)
Forum rules
All Classified posts will be automatically deleted approximately 90 days after posting.
flat6_musik

Re: Smokin' Deals!

Post by flat6_musik »

I don't know how "smokin'" this corsa turbo convertible is, but it's an interesting find and look at all the other LMs he's got to sell!! Neat! :tongue: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Chevrolet ... Sw3B1dsxke Image
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:goodpost:

Nickey Chevrolet was a Chevrolet automobile dealership located in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Founded in 1925 and run for many years by brothers E.J. and Jack Stephani, Nickey Chevrolet became one of the largest factory dealerships, specializing in high performance muscle car sales and service.

Founded: 1925
Headquarters: Chicago, IL
Defunct: 1973

Except for the Monza horn button, it seems to be all original and all there. Based on the dealer sticker next to the taillights, it was originally purchased in Chicago in has remained there and is still in a Chicago suburb. If it has been garaged in the winters and protected from exposure to winter salt and snow, it may be a very rare Corsa convertible that has not suffered much salt damage or structural decay. The VIN and body tags do not appear to have been tampered with.
VIN - LM Corvair Passenger Car VIN Tag Decoding.jpg
First Group ( no numeric indicator)
D = RPO C06 Power Top
W = RPO A02 Tinted Windshield only

2 = Second Group
L = RPO M20 4 Speed
S = RPO U73 Rear ant.

3 = Third Group
C = Padded Dash

4 = Fourth Group
P = RPO Z01 convenience group (2 sp wipers, washers, day/night inside mirror).
O = RPO L87 Turbo engine
U = Spare tire lock

Original exterior was C-2 — Ermine White with a Black convertible top and 713 — Black interior.

07C - WRN — Produced at the Willow Run, Michigan plant in the third week of July, 1965.
Corvair Production Statistics.jpg
Corvair - OK Used Cars Logo (Small).jpg
Corvair - OK Used Cars Logo (Small).jpg (22.11 KiB) Viewed 1951 times
Based on the information in the eBay listing, it seems to be a very restorable and rare Corsa — one of only 8,353 manufactured.

Current bid is $4100 with the reserve not met and about six days left to bid on eBay.
eBay item number: 223720701324 wrote:1965 Chevrolet Turbocharged Corvair Corsa 4-speed Convertible with 41,400 original miles. This car came out of an estate. The previous owner was a Corvair collector. He collected the cars in the 60’s and early 70’s. I will be selling more of the collection in the next few months. I was told that all the cars were driven into the building.

I bypassed the gas tank and put gas right to the fuel pump via a gas can and added a new battery. The car fired right off. I didn’t want problems with bad gas. Also I never tried the brakes to avoid a wheel locking up. I stop the car with the emergency brake.

I was told by the son this car was stripped down to repaint. It was epoxy primed and put in storage. The car has a nice body. Originally a white car. The power top also works. Tires hold air, but are junk. After running the car some, the exhaust has become bad and would have to be replaced. This is a great car that needs a restoration. Or due a little work and make a driver.

A nonrefundable 500.00 Pay pal deposit is due from the successful bidder within 24 hours. The remainder by bank transfer or cash in person. Shipping is buyer’s responsibility, but I will help arrange. Please e-mail or call 630-542-0031 with questions before you buy.

I have had 100% positive feedback, over 15 years, until recently. So let me be clear. If you are a dealer I’m not responsible for you making your profit margin. If you send someone to inspect the car and you buy the car and are not happy don’t blame me. So please make your inspections and ask your questions before you buy. This car is sold where is as is.

Thanks for looking!
Perhaps one or more members of this Chicago CORSA club chapter would be willing to investigate further and provide a "third-party" opinion on the condition of this Corvair.

Image :link: http://www.ccecorvair.com/

:chevy:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
toytron

Post by toytron »

I still remember the Nicky Chevrolet jingle from the radio.
Nicky Nicky Nicky Nicky Nicky Chevrolet Hey!

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Hey look, this corsa vert and the corvair stash made it onto Barn Finds.....LOL I guess that pic of a row of 'vairs in the warehouse is enough to make even a non-vairphile drool! :guitar:

https://barnfinds.com/huge-corvair-barn-find/
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

SwatMedic

Post by SwatMedic »

bbodie52 wrote::goodpost:

Nickey Chevrolet was a Chevrolet automobile dealership located in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Founded in 1925 and run for many years by brothers E.J. and Jack Stephani, Nickey Chevrolet became one of the largest factory dealerships, specializing in high performance muscle car sales and service.

Founded: 1925
Headquarters: Chicago, IL
Defunct: 1973

Except for the Monza horn button, it seems to be all original and all there. Based on the dealer sticker next to the taillights, it was originally purchased in Chicago in has remained there and is still in a Chicago suburb. If it has been garaged in the winters and protected from exposure to winter salt and snow, it may be a very rare Corsa convertible that has not suffered much salt damage or structural decay. The VIN and body tags do not appear to have been tampered with.
VIN - LM Corvair Passenger Car VIN Tag Decoding.jpg
First Group ( no numeric indicator)
D = RPO C06 Power Top
W = RPO A02 Tinted Windshield only

2 = Second Group
L = RPO M20 4 Speed
S = RPO U73 Rear ant.

3 = Third Group
C = Padded Dash

4 = Fourth Group
P = RPO Z01 convenience group (2 sp wipers, washers, day/night inside mirror).
O = RPO L87 Turbo engine
U = Spare tire lock

Original exterior was C-2 — Ermine White with a Black convertible top and 713 — Black interior.

07C - WRN — Produced at the Willow Run, Michigan plant in the third week of July, 1965.
Corvair Production Statistics.jpg
Corvair - OK Used Cars Logo (Small).jpg
Based on the information in the eBay listing, it seems to be a very restorable and rare Corsa — one of only 8,353 manufactured.

Current bid is $4100 with the reserve not met and about six days left to bid on eBay.
eBay item number: 223720701324 wrote:1965 Chevrolet Turbocharged Corvair Corsa 4-speed Convertible with 41,400 original miles. This car came out of an estate. The previous owner was a Corvair collector. He collected the cars in the 60’s and early 70’s. I will be selling more of the collection in the next few months. I was told that all the cars were driven into the building.

I bypassed the gas tank and put gas right to the fuel pump via a gas can and added a new battery. The car fired right off. I didn’t want problems with bad gas. Also I never tried the brakes to avoid a wheel locking up. I stop the car with the emergency brake.

I was told by the son this car was stripped down to repaint. It was epoxy primed and put in storage. The car has a nice body. Originally a white car. The power top also works. Tires hold air, but are junk. After running the car some, the exhaust has become bad and would have to be replaced. This is a great car that needs a restoration. Or due a little work and make a driver.

A nonrefundable 500.00 Pay pal deposit is due from the successful bidder within 24 hours. The remainder by bank transfer or cash in person. Shipping is buyer’s responsibility, but I will help arrange. Please e-mail or call 630-542-0031 with questions before you buy.

I have had 100% positive feedback, over 15 years, until recently. So let me be clear. If you are a dealer I’m not responsible for you making your profit margin. If you send someone to inspect the car and you buy the car and are not happy don’t blame me. So please make your inspections and ask your questions before you buy. This car is sold where is as is.

Thanks for looking!
Perhaps one or more members of this Chicago CORSA club chapter would be willing to investigate further and provide a "third-party" opinion on the condition of this Corvair.

Image :link: http://www.ccecorvair.com/

:chevy:
Friend of mine won the auction. We drove from Colorado to Illinois to pick it up, then back to Co. It’s it pretty good shape, but needs all new brake lines & fuel lines, etc which is to be expected after sitting in a barn for 30+ years. A lot of surface rust, but nothing too extensive. It was the most desirable of the lot.

While we were there, I bought a 1969 Monza 110 4 speed with just over 20k original miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Okay, git yer straw hat on, and get ready to bid! This corvair stash is un-real! It will take you about 15 minutes to scroll through all that's offered here. Many of these desert finds still sport their 70's registration stickers! This is automotive sensory overload..... (click "view all photos")

https://www.bidfastandlast.com/auctions ... on-bw49067
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

Amazing!!
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

Wow. They even have 2 Clark Cortez motor homes. 3 '61 wagons unless one is on there 2 times. Several of the vehicles looked the same but there were too many for me to go back through and compare. Lots of Corvairs. I'm glad it is so far away from me so I won't buy them all.
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Top this! :guitar: :eek:

Geez, they didn't even mention that it's a convertible! :helpsos:

1965 Corvair Monza 110 - $1000 (Whittier)

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/c ... 27141.html

ccs42

Post by ccs42 »

Corvair for sale but there's a catch... It's in Germany!

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/chev ... c=listPage
Chris
Geiselberg, Germany
'66 Monza 3-Speed/140
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Can a smokin' deal be $10,000? I think so! I have no affiliation with this seller but I feel like buying this thing on my credit card!

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/c ... 43990.html
00Y0Y_8ZFMe0lqYx3_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00r0r_kfRyHUSRX9n_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00r0r_kfRyHUSRX9n_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg (38.7 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:tu: :clap: :woo:
1963 Chevy Corvair Convertible - $10,000 (San Dimas)

Selling a 1963 Chevy Corvair Convertible. Runs and drives great! 4 speed manual transmission! Clean title! Super clean body and paint! No rust! No dents or scratches! New top! All glass is good. Original interior! Good tires. All lights work. All gauges work! Come drive it away! Not a show car, but a beautiful driver!

Asking $10000. Please no low ball offers or trades.

If this ad is up it's still available!

My number is 626.six18.5396
EVEN THE PHOTOGRAPH QUALITY IS GREAT! I have the credit card, but I just took delivery of a 1966 Corvair Monza and cannot get myself to pull the trigger on this beauty! (If I want to stay married). If I was single... maybe! WHERE IS THAT GOVERNMENT STIMULUS CHECK WHEN I NEED IT???
:whoa: :drool:
1963 Corvair Monza Convertible on Craig's List (1).jpg
1963 Corvair Monza Convertible on Craig's List (2).jpg
1963 Corvair Monza Convertible on Craig's List (3).jpg
1963 Corvair Monza Convertible on Craig's List (4).jpg
1963 Corvair Monza Convertible on Craig's List (5).jpg
1963 Corvair Monza Convertible on Craig's List (6).jpg
1963 Corvair Monza Convertible on Craig's List (7).jpg
1963 Corvair Monza Convertible on Craig's List (8).jpg
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Chiro972b

Post by Chiro972b »

That is gorgeous!
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

1966 140/4 speed 4-door! Should have a Saginaw trans!

1966 Corvair Monza - $800 (Harbor City)

[https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/c ... 60430.html]
00G0G_ds5LUt05CSEz_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg
00G0G_ds5LUt05CSEz_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg (26.65 KiB) Viewed 2032 times
Attachments
00k0k_iEQ1yDE1cT9z_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

Return to “Vehicles For Sale”