magazine article

All Models and Years
tony underwood

magazine article

Post by tony underwood »

Many years ago there was a turbo engine build article in a popular car magazine (HotRod, Car Craft, Popular Hotrodding etc) that worked around doing things on a budget, like using 95hp heads instead of those poor bathtub chamber 180 heads and some other small mods that worked out nicely... my question is, does anybody recall such an article and where did it appear and is there a resource where it could be found? I read it in a library about 20 years ago, and it was an older magazine, can NOT remember the name... Anybody?

tony..
martyscarr

Re: magazine article

Post by martyscarr »

Hello Tony

You might be referring an article in the October 1970 issue of HOTROD magazine entitled "Corvair Engine Talk"

hotrod oct70a.jpg
hotrod oct70b.jpg
hotrod oct70c.jpg
tony underwood

Post by tony underwood »

Can't believe I missed this reply to my inquiry. I need to pay closer attention.
Thanks, that's the article I was looking for.

tony..
N8

Post by N8 »

:goodpost: :eek: Wow! That's cool. Is this info still relevant? How hard would it be to get those parts these days? I was 7 when that was published :chevy: .
martyscarr

Post by martyscarr »

Yes, some of the parts are still available. You can still get new forged pistons, most of the other parts mentioned will be used. What specifically were you interested in?

Hey Tony, you're welcome for the article :tu:
chris

Post by chris »

Marty, thanks for sharing, I enjoy reading those magazine performance articles. :tu:
martyscarr

Post by martyscarr »

Marty, thanks for sharing, I enjoy reading those magazine performance articles. :tu:
You're welcome, here's another one from 1960 :cool:
stroker kit 01.jpg
stroker kit 02.jpg
stroker kit 03.jpg
stroker kit 04.jpg
stroker kit 05.jpg

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”