1964 Monza Sedan

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
JohnDB

Re: 1964 Monza Sedan

Post by JohnDB »

Supplies to fix the battery cable arrived this week, and the terrible weather yesterday was a good excuse to stay in the garage and get it done.

Cut the old end off:
IMG_5253.jpeg
Strip and crimp new connectors on:
IMG_5254.jpeg
IMG_5255.jpeg
IMG_5256.jpeg
After some heat on the shrink tubing:
IMG_5257.jpeg
New marine style terminal:
IMG_5258.jpeg
Probably doesn't need the cover, but I feel better about it with the proximity of the hood support:
IMG_5259.jpeg
Overall it was a pretty easy fix, hopefully it lasts longer than the previous terminal. As an added bonus, the marine terminal adds a handy quick disconnect.
John
1966 Corsa Convertible
JohnDB

Post by JohnDB »

Work has been pretty crazy, but we've managed to make some progress on the Monza. We finally decided to tackle the headliner install. And by tackle the headliner install, I mean pay the professionals to do it. We've been on the schedule for over a month, but they were able to get it done this week and it looks fantastic. The shop installed the visors, dome light, coat hooks, and all the trim and windlace too!

Hard to get a decent picture, but it looks amazing in person:
IMG_5423.JPEG
The headliner is from Clark's, and the shop said it fit well. Maybe later we'll get the visors redone, but they look decent for now. Overall it was about 6 hours for the pros to do the install - I feel like it would have taken us double that and I don't think we would have gotten the same results (would have been our first attempt).
John
1966 Corsa Convertible
Dennis66

Post by Dennis66 »

:redface:
Last edited by Dennis66 on Sun May 12, 2024 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dennis66

Post by Dennis66 »

Looks like they put the dome light in backwards. Dennis
JohnDB

Post by JohnDB »

Since we didn't take it apart, I had wondered about which way it was supposed to install. When I looked at the base for the dome light, it looked like it was held in place by tabs that had to be bent or twisted to retain it. I think this was the only way it would fit, and seems to match most of the pictures of EM sedans I can find so far. Either way, I'm just happy it's installed again!
John
1966 Corsa Convertible

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”