Blackbox Hp modern fuse panel install, 63 Spyder

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
Nashfan

Blackbox Hp modern fuse panel install, 63 Spyder

Post by Nashfan »

After too many blown fuses caused by rusty fuse contacts, I decided to swap out the stock 58 year old fuse box with a modern "blade style" panel made by Racers Inc. I had bought this a few months after Clarks first announced they were carrying these, but then I procrastinated, for a few years. I got my butt in gear when I discovered how scary it was to have the windshield wipers suddenly stop during a downpour, from a blown fuse. Here's some shots of this... I highly recommend going this route as the new style of fuses are way more reliable, more consistent and much less prone to rusting.
DSCN2018.JPG
Nashfan

Re: Blackbox Hp modern fuse panel install, 63 Spyder

Post by Nashfan »

Here's the one I took out... looks like a disaster in the making, and this was the "good side"!!
DSCN2000.JPG
flat6_musik

Re: Blackbox Hp modern fuse panel install, 63 Spyder

Post by flat6_musik »

How right you are!....after 50+ years of use, the rusty contacts on the fusebox can give you lots of weird, intermittent problems. Man, yours looks really nice and nearly original in appearance! Sweet!

I also had to replace mine on my '66 Crown car, with a generic model with integral LEDs and lots of available fuses. I put it in the front trunk area, as you can see. (You like that "unblowable" fuse there on the old fusebox? :D )
20201226_144014.jpg
20210103_144656a.jpg

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”