Win a Concours-Quality Corvair!

Corvair Society of America discussion, questions, feedback, ideas
Allan Lacki

Win a Concours-Quality Corvair!

Post by Allan Lacki »

WIN A CORVAIR!

…and support the Corvair Preservation Foundation and the Corvair Museum!

This is a great opportunity to get behind the wheel of a Concours-quality 1961 Corvair Monza Coupe…and for only a $10 raffle ticket investment! But of course, the more raffle tickets you buy the better your chances are of winning.

And if you happen to be in the area, and you want to see the raffle car in person, drop by the Corvair Museum at 10041 Palm Road - a.k.a. Route 66 - in Glenarm, Illinois, just a few short miles south of Springfield.

The raffle runs through June 4, 2022 with the drawing taking place on June 5, 2022. You don’t need to be present for the drawing.

To buy tickets, go to the CORSA / CPF website at www.corvair.org or call Paul Bergstrom at (630) 403-5010.

The Raffle Car:

• 1961 Corvair Monza Sport Coupe.
• 102 horsepower 4 speed
• Car is basically all new. It was built over the past 3 years.
• All mechanical parts are NOS or Clark's repro.
• This is a concours-quality car. Scored 94+ points in May 2021.
• Ready to drive and show!
:woo:
Attachments
1961 Corvair 1.jpg
1961 Corvair 7.jpg
1961 Corvair 8.jpg
1961 Corvair 9.jpg
1961 Corvair 10.jpg
1961 Corvair 11.jpg
Win_Corvair_wider.jpg
Win_Corvair_wider.jpg (77.39 KiB) Viewed 436 times
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Win a Concours-Quality Corvair!

Post by bbodie52 »

Here is a specific link for the 1961 Corvair raffle...

Image :link: https://www.corvair.org/index.php/merch ... le-tickets

:tu: Beautiful 1961 Monza coupe! That red interior (my favorite EM color) brings back a lot of memories! Our very first family Corvair was a brand new 1961 white Monza coupe with a red interior that my parents bought at Courtesy Chevrolet in San Jose, California when I was only 8 years old. That family car, and the later trade-in for a new 1965 Corsa convertible, set the "hook" for me. I tested for my first driver's license in that 1965 Corsa in 1969, got married and went on our honeymoon in a 1962 Monza coupe in 1972, and at age 68 my wife and I still use our Corvairs as daily drivers in North Carolina.

My father bought the Corvair that became one of my first. It was a Mist Blue 140hp 1965 Corsa convertible. The picture below shows my father and me at the Edwards AFB, California air show in 1965 (I was 12 years old). The second picture was following a repaint and new top at Hanscom AFB, Massachusetts in 1980 while I was in the Air Force (1972-1996), just before we were transferred to West Germany (we took the Corvair with us). Years later I foolishly let it go and sold it to my daughter-in-law's father while we were living in Lebanon, Pennsylvania. I had been working as an Air National Guard technical advisor (still on Active Duty) while stationed at Fort Indiantown Gap. We lived in Lebanon, Pennsylvania from 1993 until we moved to join my father in North Carolina in 2008. The third picture is of my current Corvairs, a 1966 Corsa convertible and a 1966 Monza sedan.

Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible

Return to “Corvair Society of America discussion”