1961 Rampside

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
Glyn Howell

1961 Rampside

Post by Glyn Howell »

Hi. Thanx for adding me to the forum. I am trying to register my 1961 rampside pick up here in the U.K. I bought the truck about 6 years ago in the U.K. with no title. The owner said he would send me the title but never did. I now have all the VOSA paperwork and all import duties have been paid. I tried to register the truck but have been told by our DVLA that I need a letter of conformation from a Corvair owners club confirming date of manufacture and any other details I can supply. The VIN tag on the body is 1R124S108850. The engine and gearbox are missing. I believe it's a 1961 Rampside. Can you help?
joe moore

Re: 1961 Rampside

Post by joe moore »

Good morning Howell .Joe moore from California here well you definitely have a 61 ramp by it plate number tru k was made in st Louis to bad NO motor because the block has a lot of information on it ..so the other way to tell their should be another vin number on the driver side A arm assembly. So some say I have looked on DOROTHY for this other number but unable to fine it .to bad they will not take your word for it GOOD LUCK try putting some pictures of the truck here .
1962 rampside #3957
joelsplace

Post by joelsplace »

The plate under the dash on the left side that has the weight ratings on it has paint codes also.
https://www.corvair.org/chapters/corvan ... mpside.php
157 Corvairs, 5 Ultravans and counting
Northlake, TX
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

The first digit of the VIN indicates the model year...

1R124S108850
VIN Van.jpg
Corvair Truck Production Statistics
Corvair Truck Production Statistics
Attachments
1961 Chevrolet Corvair GM Heritage Center Specs.pdf
1961 Chevrolet Corvair GM Heritage Center Specs
(4.66 MiB) Downloaded 26 times
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
TimeMachineParadox

Post by TimeMachineParadox »

If you still need some kind of semi-official confirmation letter on the ID of your truck, you'd probably be able to get something written from one of the Corvanatics officers.

Link to the contacts page: https://www.corvair.org/chapters/corvan ... ficers.php

While you're at it, register your truck since I noticed it's not in there yet.
~Nick
Louisville, Kentucky, US

64 Greenbrier

Return to “Introductions”