Big shout out to Clark's Corvair Parts!

The World's Largest Corvair Parts Supplier
gbullman

Big shout out to Clark's Corvair Parts!

Post by gbullman »

Just purchased a 66 Corvair Corsa and placed my first order with Clark's.

My experience so far is outstanding. A Clark's employee was obviously working my order within 5 or 6 business hours after I placed it. They notified me that one of the parts I ordered was out of stock but on order and expected to come in at some point. They pointed out that with my distance from their location there was likely no advantage to the expedited shipping I had selected. In my reply I agreed to drop the out of stock part as they said they would notify me when it was available. Also I asked if they could add a part that I had forgotten on my order.

End result is the requested part was added, shipping costs reduced and it was shipped yesterday (I placed order on Sunday) and tracking indicates it will arrive today.

This is the best vendor support I believe I've ever experienced and way above the other classic car suppliers I've dealt with for my 55 Chevy or 79 MGB.

Clark's has earned a long term customer with this kind of service!
Gary
Gary Bullman
66 Corsa Convertible
terribleted

Re: Big shout out to Clark's Corvair Parts!

Post by terribleted »

Even less back and forth if you simply call in your order on the phone. They would have told you at the time you were ordering about the stock issue. I hope you gat a catalog on your order as well. Their paper catalog is excellent and full of good tips and data as well. It is about 1.5" thick and free with order. So much easier to find things than their relatively poor search on their site.

I have been buying from them since the 80's. They are I think. the best mail order place I have ever used.
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

Clark's is certainly a great example of good customer service. The lousy Corvair vendors are gone now and the few that remain are doing a good job.

While Clark's is not perfect, they have always taken care of any problems to my satisfaction. Even when I can purchase an item for less I tend to give Clark's my business because that's the premium I'll pay for good service. BTW - I've seen few complaints against Clark's on forums, but the first response to a complainer is "Did you call them". Almost always the "complainer" says NO, but comes back later to say "I called them and they said they would take of it". So before posting a complaint - CALL THEM.

BTW - Clark's personal phone service is consistently great. I hope they NEVER use one of those aggravating automated phone menus.
plrgpr

Post by plrgpr »

I’m a fairly new Corvair owner (2 yrs) and have ordered parts from Clark’s several times. Customer service is excellent and second to none, also, so far, parts quality is great!!!!
Gary Roberson
66 Vert 140 4-sp Corsa “clone”
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

The only issue I have with Clark's is their online search system which is archaic and really bad. Search terms are often hard to find that will actually find what you need. Their paper catalog however is excellent, so, I browse the catalog make my list and then call them, letting the great, friendly person at their end correct my mistakes and get my parts on the way:)
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
61SuperMonza

Post by 61SuperMonza »

Clark's is great and a big supporter of our hobby.
First corvair in 1985
Have owned 4 corvairs since
65 Corsa coupe 180 turbo
66 Monza coupe 110 PG
66 Monza coupe 140 PG
61 Monza club coupe w/ 150 turbo
Anchorage,AK
Bruins_Fan
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Bruins_Fan »

Clark's is great. It was fun checking out some of their operation at the show in 2019. viewtopic.php?f=80&t=15681
'66 Monza Convertible 110hp Powerglide

Return to “Clark's Corvair Parts”