- Corvair of the Month
- Posts: 9710
- Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:33 pm
- Location: Lake Chatuge Hayesville, NC
In addition to a variety of carburetor linkages for 2 carburetor, 4x1 140 hp carburetors, turbocharged engine carburetors, and even a center-mounted 4-barrel arrangement, Roger Parent also offers aluminum replacement pulleys for those fragile, aging pulleys used on Corvair cable-actuated parking brakes and clutch cables! An excellent idea considering the hassle of having your parking brake or clutch system fail while on the road! Many other items also available for your Corvair. Check out the catalog!!
His contact information from the catalog is shown below...
http://www.corvairs.org/RogerParentCatalog02-05-18.pdfAny questions drop me a line at:
1349 Clove St.
El Cajon, CA 92021
- Roger Parent Catalog 02-05-18.pdf
- Roger Parent Catalog
- (3.54 MiB) Downloaded 32 times
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
And thank you again Darrell
I hate it when ONE asks something but never tells the end of the story.
So here it is....by Darrell pointing out I made a mistake in reading Roger's email address, and I am BIG enough to admit it when I make a mistake, I did then send Roger 4-5 long emails with my 66 140/PG car problems and we both discovered a couple of problems.
1. One problem discovered while trying to install Rogers linkage and my setting of the linkage was changing every time I set the linkage...I fixed that before emailing Roger, the pivot in the tunnel had about an inch of play, that took me about 2-3 days to figure out, fixed it.
2. I did some tests that Roger gave me to try and I passed everyone of them which Roger told me it was NOT his linkage that was the problem. The primary carbs only opened 1/3 at WOT...secondaries completely closed...this occured over 15-16 different re-setting of all the linkage.
3. I thought to myself this AM, its like the rod to the gas pedal is not opening up all 4 carbs. I emailed Roger and told him I would extend the rod to the gas pedal only and leave my other settings alone. It worked. I still will be playing with doing the final setting of the carbs as they are only 90% opening now and just about no passing gear or downshift when I just about go WOT....I drove it to a car show out of town today.
I guess I re-set that linkage over 20 times after 3 days to install and get the binding taken care of....yes I was about to think my ability was getting a little rusty...I was setting every thing like it was the orig linkage. Roger has been good at responding to my problem and at least told me I did a good job installing the linkage as the photos I sent him showed. Forgot, I burned out about $20.00 in gas just trying to set the carbs and actually doing a test drive.
Okay...I will close now and tomorrow will be another Corvair day....in the meantime, my 64 Monza conv is waiting for her new dress.