Engine wiring harness?

All Models and Years
Freejax

Engine wiring harness?

Post by Freejax »

Hi guys as you may have heard I have had an engine fire, I am now in the process of rewiring the rear end of my car, some of the wiring is salvageable, thank god I can still see where all the colours go. I have a few ideas and would like your opinions.
A) I am going to remove the wiring harness connection because mine is melted, I do have a spare but I think if I hard line it and remove the plastic connector it would really clean the wiring up with a large wire loom coming from the body and branching off to smaller ones for lights, alt. coil etc.
B) I am really unsure why there are three power wires joining in the orange plastic three way connection attached to the body, can I just run these as hard Iines as well with a three way connection, insulate them and add them to my main wire loom?
IMG_2528.jpg
IMG_2527.jpg
IMG_2526.jpg
Happy Building all!
toytron

Re: Engine wiring harness?

Post by toytron »

You could attach them all. The factory did it that way to make it easier for the assembly line. If you do you need to make sure you maintain a solid connection.

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza
Freejax

Re: Engine wiring harness?

Post by Freejax »

I am soldering all my joints and double shrink wrapping the connections, might do electrical tape over that and then some wire loom to cover it all up.
Happy Building all!

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”