New toy...

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
scooper

New toy...

Post by scooper »

I flew from upstate New York to Houston Texas last weekend, trailered this home. Original paint, no rust, ( gotta love Texas), 65 Corsa with Crown mid engine conversion.

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: New toy...

Post by bbodie52 »

:goodpost: :coolphotos: :woo:

You sure go from one extreme to another! Image

All inside a one month timeframe! CONGRATULATIONS! (I edited your post above so that the YouTube video would display as an embedded video).

Now I can see why you chose your Corvair Forum nom de plume...

The Nationwide Corvair Scooper
The Nationwide Corvair Scooper
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
scooper

Post by scooper »

I drove a mid engine Corvair 3 weeks ago, I was hooked after that, had to have one.
65Ragtop

Post by 65Ragtop »

Looks like somebody did some nice work on that conversion. I like it A LOT! Someday...... :tu:
Mike S.
65 Corsa 140 Ragtop
CORSA member
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

bbodie52 wrote::Corv-8: :crown:

I must say that I'm already a little jealous. I used to dream about building a Crown Corv-8 when I was a teen in the late 1960s and early 1970s. I even drove down to Newport Beach to visit the home of the Crown Corv-8 and to drool over their display, but it never happened. Instead, I bought some of their suspension mods and put that on my 1965 Corsa in 1970-71. Then I got married in 1972 and joined the Air Force later that year. Work and family commitments ended my Corv-8 dreams. But I'm glad to hear that you were able to make it a reality in your life.
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
scooper

Post by scooper »

Brad....sounds like we're alot alike. I graduated from high school in '73, couple years of college, married, but I always wanted a Crown car. I even went so far as buying the main frame, that got stuffed into the barn, (still there), I was never able to find a car that was in good enough shape to use for the build. As time went on, I knew I wasn't going to find one on the east coast, so I put it out of my mind. I've had lots of play cars, Camaros, Corvettes, a few street rods. I bought a '63 Spyder a few weeks ago, that sparked my interest again in the Crown car. I got lucky and found this one on the web, I knew it wouldn't last long, so I picked it up as fast as I could. It does have a few issues, but I'll get them sorted out.

https://youtu.be/hgyrUapbZdM

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”