Leg Room

Anything Corvair related
Alexrobic604

Leg Room

Post by Alexrobic604 »

Has anyone figure out a easy way to get the front drivers seat to go back further than the stock adjustment?
62 Corvair Monza 900 Convertible
Wagon Master

Re: Leg Room

Post by Wagon Master »

lostboy

Post by lostboy »

Aren't you putting more stress on the mounts by doing this? I'm 6ft and all the way back is just enough, although being in a sedan it ruins the comfort for anyone in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Steve
1961 Corvair 700 Sedan (80hp 3spd Gasoline Heat)
recessbilly

Post by recessbilly »

I'm 6'4" and had to make them to feel comfortable. It doesn't stress the mounts any more than only using a seat, but some of the front floor will be exposed. I added a rectangle of carpet under the seat to tidy it up.
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

If you are truly concerned with stressing the mounting points you could fairly easily fashion steel blocks to sit under the rear of the extender tracks to support them at the floor. I had a buddy that was tall and pretty large in diameter as well who used Clark's Seat extenders in more than one Corvair and put plenty of miles on them, including spirited auto crossing. The mounting plates and mounts seem to be adequate as designed.
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
jsnstanley

Post by jsnstanley »

Return to “Corvair Talk”