Front brake line 64 spyder

All Models and Years
snowmaker

Front brake line 64 spyder

Post by snowmaker »

I am replacing fuel tank on 64 spyder and am going to replace the driver side brake line which way to snake out the old line and in the new. Getting out the old line not a problem new one in only want to do once (if that). Thanks
terribleted

Re: Front brake line 64 spyder

Post by terribleted »

Poke it thru the grommet hole in the inner wheelhouse and rotate it like a crank handle. Properly formed line will pretty much rotate into place (can be done without too much trouble with the tank in the car even).
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
funvairs

Post by funvairs »

If you are removing the tank, I would replace the right side brake line also. To get the right side into its retaining clips, the tank needs to be out.
Chris Brown

Corvanatics: Director at Large
Ultra Van Motor Coach Club Vice President
CORSA
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

funvairs wrote:If you are removing the tank, I would replace the right side brake line also. To get the right side into its retaining clips, the tank needs to be out.
True this. You can change the right line without completely removing the tank (fully loose, sway bar out all but removed) but it is a pain in the butt to do so by all means if the tank is out change it also.
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”