Fibre-Motive engines

For those of us that still like to play in the dirt.
Am-Iron
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: Fibre-Motive engines

Post by Am-Iron »

Thanks, Not as good of a deal as you found, but I am happy! Your car is what had me interested, and then Cody's Dads car. I found a set of 32/36 Weber/Holley Carbs for $130 with air cleaners. I think they will work great and I can't beat the price, especially with the K&N's! Have you found out what other goodies are inside your engine?
Check out my FB Page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Corvair-O ... 0804308827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
flat6_musik

Post by flat6_musik »

Yes, as a matter of fact......oh and yeah, I was considering the Holley/Weber setup as well! I hope the linkage won't be too difficult, that's what I was wondering at least. Smokin' deal for $130.....shoot. Here's an update on the ol' Rat....

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=772&start=16
65Ragtop

Post by 65Ragtop »

Good deal on the carbs. I have a set of 102 HP heads with the fiber motive manifolds. They were last on a dune buggy with those Weber/Holley carbs. Ran like a banshee! The buggy was very light with a 280 cam and a 3:89 axle. I suspect it would be a good combo on a full size car with the right mods/gearing. I don't know if 4:11 gearing fits into your build, but I think they would go a long way towards making those manifolds/carbs come alive.

I was also considering the Holley 350/2barrels next time. Not sure when that will be, though.
Attachments
102 HP Fibermotive heads
102 HP Fibermotive heads
Mike S.
65 Corsa 140 Ragtop
CORSA member
Am-Iron
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by Am-Iron »

Good info Mike thank you! I know the gears would help but I want to road trip a bit with this. I might build it for another car who knows. I want something streetable and reliable for my current build and I am gathering parts for a turbo. but I do like the the wow factor and rarity of these manifolds. Are you going to use yours in your vert?

Flat6_music My heads come with the linkage it looks pretty complete but there are some "wings" or stand offs that hold everything in front of the manifolds that I will have to fabricate. You can see them in the polished engine in your thread.
Check out my FB Page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Corvair-O ... 0804308827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
65Ragtop

Post by 65Ragtop »

I hear you with the 4:11's. After about an hour on the freeway it would get kinda' tiresome. I am not going to use those heads on my 'vert. I want to build another 'glass bodied dune buggy with those heads on the motor sometime in the distant future. My GT car will have some creature comforts but I also will want some really good, but reliable power. It will be primarily a local ride, but I would like to be able to take a longer trip every now and then to events etc. Not sure how I will go with the intake setup yet, but I am leaning towards a 6 runner intake with a 4 barrel carb at first. I think I will eventually go FI once I get everything sorted out and save up some dinero. Always looking for options though as the engine build is a year or so away. I always seem to end up overdoing it. ::-): It's open right now.
Mike S.
65 Corsa 140 Ragtop
CORSA member
Topt57

Post by Topt57 »

I had a chance to buy a set heads with carbs but it was kind of pricey. I love the concept. Much better than 4 bbl or triple throats. In my mind, only reason for tri ports is Hilborn alcohol injection. Or think about two two barrell TBIs? Then add a blow through turbo (or 2?)
caraholic4life

Post by caraholic4life »

Once you get all that air and fuel into the engine, one would need a less restrictive exhaust to make the most of the upgrade.
I seem to recall seeing Fibremotive Exhaust Manifolds for sale on flea bay several years ago which would be a nice find to go with the intake set up.
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
chris

Post by chris »

caraholic4life wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:37 am Once you get all that air and fuel into the engine, one would need a less restrictive exhaust to make the most of the upgrade.
I seem to recall seeing Fibremotive Exhaust Manifolds for sale on flea bay several years ago which would be a nice find to go with the intake set up.
Interesting. I also picked up a pair of Fibremotive heads along with two Holley 350 cfm carbs and the linkage between both carbs. If I ever do install them (they need a valve job at the least) I planned on running my headers but finding actual Fibremotive exhaust would be even cooler!
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

I owned a set of Fibermotive's too but I've never seen their exhaust...anybody got pictures of that?
CA Central Coast
Hulkster Gets a Diesel
Zonker Gets Race Motor
Gem is Still my Favorite
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Now
Been Associated With Fifty+
Former Owner of SuperVair
chris

Post by chris »

Phil Dally wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:57 am I owned a set of Fibermotive's too but I've never seen their exhaust...anybody got pictures of that?
Indeed! I'm interested to learn all I can about these heads because I'm foolish enough to consider using them on my regular, 3.27 rear street car.
Phil Dally

Post by Phil Dally »

Go Big or Go Home brother!!!
CA Central Coast
Hulkster Gets a Diesel
Zonker Gets Race Motor
Gem is Still my Favorite
LA Angels fan since 1978
World Series Champs 2002
Only Own 10 Corvairs Now
Been Associated With Fifty+