We TRIED to Help CORSA Fix the Serious Issues with The Corvair Center Forum – Read Our Letter and Their Response HERE

Anything Corvair related
cnicol

Re: We TRIED to Help CORSA Fix the Serious Issues with The Corvair Center Forum – Read Our Letter and Their Response HER

Post by cnicol »

Wittsend wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:04 pm I wonder if using C0RSA (that's a narrower zero, not a wider "O") would be an infringement??? Just asking because it came to mind. Not looking to step in this fight.
In copyright law, the standard is "would the common person be mislead". Clearly, using a zero instead of the letter O would mislead the common person so it would be considered infringement.
'61 140 PG Rampside
'66 Rear Alum V8 4-dr
'60 Monza PG coupe (sold, sniff, sniff)
'66 Corsa Fitch Sprint Conv. (First car 1971, recently repurchased)
caraholic4life

Re: We TRIED to Help CORSA Fix the Serious Issues with The Corvair Center Forum – Read Our Letter and Their Response HER

Post by caraholic4life »

Allan Lacki wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:54 pm To Caraholic4life: As far as "authorization from General Motors to use the referenced names and emblems", that was obtained in writing by way of a a letter dated August 17, 1970 addressed to Mr. Richard M. Langworth, CORSA Secretary, by R.L. Siegrist, Assistant General Sales Manager, Chevrolet Motor Division. No BS
I am Happy to see that something was done correctly, even if it was decades ago.
I am also pleasantly surprised to see that the answer was readily at hand...Thank You.
1962 95 FC Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Mid Engine enthusiast &
Prior Kelmark Owner
Matt

Post by Matt »

Well I joined Corsa today just so I could vote for Dave Watson for Western Division director, which I just did. Bring on May 31.
'63 Spyder vert
davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

Thank you Matt! :drinkinbuddy:
Lane66Monza

Post by Lane66Monza »

Yes, Thank you Matt. Get all your friends with Vairs to do the same.
Al Lane
Southeast Georgia
1966 Coupe 110 4 spd
1966 More Door 110 PG FOR SALE

Return to “Corvair Talk”