Corvair of the Month January 2013

Calendar page and Gift Certificate to the winner...and of course, BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Forum rules
Welcome to the Online People's Choice Corvair Show - Corvair of the Month.

To enter your vehicle, Reply to the current Corvair of the Month thread, include at least one high quality photo and some info on your entry (year, model, specs, etc). Each show will be limited to the first ten vehicles posted for that month. The voting will begin as soon as ten vehicles are entered or on the 1st of the month, whichever comes first. Please only post vehicles you own and only one per month. Vehicles must be Corvair or Corvair powered. If you win, please do not post the same vehicle in another month during that calendar year. If you won in a previous year you may enter again. The shows will run each month from January through September. In October we will run the "Corvair of the Year" contests. One for all vehicles 1960-1964 and a second for all 1965-1969 vehicles. In November we will have available a Calendar of all of the winners. Please note that by posting pictures in this forum you give corvairforum.com and it's owners the right to use your picture(s) in the calender and website. In order to Vote for your favorite Corvair you will have to have posted at least three times in any forum. In the event of a tie, the vehicle entered first will be the winner.

Vote for Corvair of the Month January 2013

Poll ended at Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:34 pm

kenshapiro2002 1961 L;AKEWOOD
15%
66corvair*carl 1966 COUPE 140
5%
4carbcorvair 1966 CORSA CONVERTIBLE 140
27%
Jimbo BUNE BUGGY
3%
natewolfe 1965 CORSA 180
12%
pervair 1964 RAMPSIDE 140
30%
crowncorvair THOMAS CROWN BUGGY REPLICA
8%
oil4kids MEYER MANX DUNE BUGGY
No votes

Total votes: 60

Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Re: Corvair of the Month January 2013

Post by Crazy George »

:think: I am checking this month out and what a group of selection to decide on one. :think:
4carbcorvair at Dirigo Corvair get together
4carbcorvair at Dirigo Corvair get together
I do know this car and she is nice..but thats not Ronnie in the seat,,,, thats yours truly before I got a shave and a flat top now..I was in route bringing home the four door vair in the back ......the votes are getting in from the numbers showing but how about more of the forum get in there and vote.... You guys for this month, how about some more pictures and battling for them votes??? :think: jump in there guys and the others members get in there and vote :dontknow: CG :tu:
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:assault: Man alive, look at the amount of views of this months AWSOME selections..... we can get more members in there to vote...looks like a close toss up...... you guys slap some more pictures in there maybe...... but the amount of voting has been growing but lets see some higher numbers guys.... :think: check the cars out and :pray: VOTE !!!!!!!!! :tu: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :tu: :pics?: cg :checkeredflag: :fingerscrossed: :checkeredflag:
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 4carbcorvair »

Here ya go George.

1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

And here I'd been thinkin' that Maine was just a backwoods state. Hard to believe that there are so many enlightened individuals in Maine! ::-): Good luck! :clap: :not worthy:

:chevy: :tu: :chevy: :tu: :chevy:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:wave: I think its safe to say Congrat's to Perry with that awsome rampy.. :tu: ......we had a nice selection this month and tough choices........ :sad5: sorry Ronnie, I tried.... :banghead: ......you two guys had a good run at it. Not bad in voting attendence........ this years calendar starts with a rare rig, PERVAIRS RAMPY.... :clap: CONGRAT'S again , nice ride and all you others, thanks for them entries... :tu: :tu:
p.s.
Not all of us here in Maine are back woods ,,, Just me enjoying gods country :rolling:
CG :oldtimer: :confused:
4carbcorvair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by 4carbcorvair »

Congrats pervair!!!! Great looking Rampy. :) And a 140 to boot. :)
1966 Corsa convertible, 140, 4sp.
1965 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

Dirigo Corvair group.
http://www.dirigocorvairs.net/
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Not all of us here in Maine are back woods ,,, Just me enjoying gods country :rolling: CG :oldtimer: :confused:
I hope you know that I was joking with the Maine back woods comment. I was already impressed with your Corvairs, but until today I was unaware of Dirigo Corvairs. The pictures of Corvairs on that Web site are outstanding! Although my comment started with a joke, I was really impressed with the Corvair club Web site.

And as much as I like LM Corvairs -- especially convertibles -- I also have always liked EM and FC Corvairs, and I was very impressed with the Rampside entered this month, and I am glad to see that it looks like it will be a winner. I believe the last Rampside to win as Corvair of the Month was in 2010. This entry was certainly worthy of a win too. And with 60 votes cast so far -- far more than the average number of votes normally cast in past Corvair of the Month competitions -- the win is all the more meaningful. Even more so considering the large number of quality entries this month!
:eek:

I hope that the other entrants will consider another try in coming months. Those who did not win may want to consider a second attempt. I was fortunate that I won with my first try in August 2012, and my entry had to beat Norm Witte's beautiful red Corsa. I would have had a hard time choosing in my vote between my own Corsa convertible and his Corsa coupe that month. But he entered again, and won, in September 2012. So I would encourage other entrants to consider a second attempt -- possibly with an enhanced rewrite of the supporting text and perhaps a few additional or revised pictures to strengthen and freshen the second entry. February is already looing pretty competitive, and who knows what will come in future months! :chevy: :checkeredflag:
Brad Bodie
Crazy George
Corvair of the Year
Corvair of the Year

Post by Crazy George »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Brad dont you see that I am laughing....... you can live with a lie but the truth always hurts..... I am back woods and more and loving it.... all good and I know your joking....... ALL THESE GUYS THIS MONTH DESERVES :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: BIG HAND , THIS WAS A GOOD MONTH.... :tu: :tu: .. maybe we can add to the entries what country or state they are from.. I mentioned that for the calendars as well... be nice to know where all these corvairs are at......... Great job guys...... Brad is right , dont give up try her again.............Good luck all.... :wave: Crazy George
jennirw
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by jennirw »

CONGRATULATIONS TO pervair AND HIS RAMPSIDE
1960 700 COUPE
ADMINISTRATOR- "1960 CAVEMAN CORVAIR" Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "CAVEMAN CORVAIRS, THE 1960 GROUP" CORSA special interest chapter 003 Facebook
ADMINISTRATOR- "DETROIT AREA CORVAIR CLUB (DACC)" Facebook
pervair
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by pervair »

Thanks everyone! Its nice to be recognized by the forum. All of the entries were worthy!

:ty: Scott for all your work on this forum.

Perry
Lake Elsinore
Perry Beggs
Lake Elsinore
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:woo: :fc front: :wrench:

Congratulations!!

Looking forward to seeing your Rampside on the January page of the 2014 Corvair Forum calendar next year! It's a great way to start the new year!
Brad Bodie

Return to “Corvair of the Month Calendar Page (Sponsored by Clark's Corvair Parts)”