Corvair Lakewood 61 - NL

Show of your ride, keep track of your project, watch as others progress on their projects
mart

Re: Corvair Lakewood 61 - NL

Post by mart »

I cant compete with the level of work you have put in. If I had sand blasted mine I would just be left with sand
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Wow what a difference!
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

It will be a shame to put it back together... it looks so good in pieces! :tu: :not worthy: :clap: ::-):

:coolphotos:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

@ mart thats why we did it first by hand and weld some parts now we sandblast everything clean, they blast 2 little holes and a couple of tiny holes, nothing special, sow we can fix that now, and we can start on the other parts.

and yes they look nice, but i think i put it back together again hahaha all the parts take to mutch room now ;-)

:ty: for al the compliments keeps me going and motivated :clap:
Ragtop Man

Post by Ragtop Man »

Its good to see that there are some Europeans that love American cars rather than hate them :tu: Looks like you're doing an awesome job with your Lakewood . You must get some looks and qeustions driving that around over there I'm thinking. Just getting familiar with this thread and see that you originally posted a lot of pics but most not working now :sad5: Perhaps you have a photo sharing page? :pray: I can't wait to see this car finished and some pics of it cruising through Amsterdam :not worthy:
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

Ragtop Man wrote:Its good to see that there are some Europeans that love American cars rather than hate them :tu: Looks like you're doing an awesome job with your Lakewood . You must get some looks and qeustions driving that around over there I'm thinking. Just getting familiar with this thread and see that you originally posted a lot of pics but most not working now :sad5: Perhaps you have a photo sharing page? :pray: I can't wait to see this car finished and some pics of it cruising through Amsterdam :not worthy:
yes its get / got a lot of attention, most people think it is a volkswagon variant and also funny to see people on there knees look under the car if the engine is in the front or back :rolling:

and i have facebook -- Ralf Verhees i think you can find me on these words if you have facebook.

and crusin Amsterdam yeahhh (i live more in the south near Eindhoven, but amsterdam is nice to visiting)

and my friends also loves usa cars, here are some pictures from my friends rides (that helped me with the project and give me a lift if we go to a meeting or event)
Last edited by TikiRalf on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ragtop Man

Post by Ragtop Man »

I used to see many of those cars when I was growing up and rarely see them now - especially the large Dodges and Fords that used to be everywhere . The Plymouth might be repairable I think . I'm wondering if it's got a subframe in the front and if it does would be much easier to fix maybe . I remember my uncle's Cadillac . He lived in Las Vegas as did my grandparents . We drove out there 4 times at least I think from here in New Orleans to visit - 1900 miles! This time was the early 70's and I'll never forget that car - 1972 2 door El Dorado - metallic maroon with white top and white interior and that number om the fender - 8.1 Liter ! I knew it was something big even though I didn't know much about cars . My other uncle in Missouri had that exact 55 Buick - black 4 door with a 322 V8 . He also had a 1970 Buick Le Sabre station wagon with a 455 . He always said you could watch the gas gauge needle move as you drove it :rolling:
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

COOL must be nice to drive those car daily, the plymouth was to damaged :-( so we sold that one to someone that needs parts, and yes the big blocks are very thursty hahaha not nice with our high gasprices over here prices in euro:

Euro95 1.825
Super plus 1.889
Diesel 1.530
LPG 0.907

for 1 liter
1 US gallon = 3.78 liter and 1 euro = 1.2804 dollar

:td: :banghead: but we drive cool cars for fun :cool:
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

Did clean the tank, inside need some cleaning to but to major problems, some little dirt / left overs , there is a dent in the tank, but i dont see a problem with that, so i think after cleaning th einside, all paint the tank again and it goes back into the car.
375.jpg
376.jpg
thanks Ralf
Last edited by TikiRalf on Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bobby65

Post by Bobby65 »

wow that's a clean tank!
Drive it like you stole it
65 Turbo Monza Coupe
64 monza convertible 4 spd
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

nice work, very clean
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

allright it's been a while since i posted something, but i'have read most of the post and vote for corvair of the month hahaha so no worries ;-)

have a update from my lakewood project, some parts are getting a colour

Metal paint, Wet
377.jpg
and dry
378.jpg
more parts ready for paint
380.jpg
and last but not least, Powdercoating, i like that result
383.jpg
Some parts are underway from the usa, and soon ordering some more parts to complete the suspension and the gastank

Thansk :wave:
Attachments
381.jpg
384.jpg
Last edited by TikiRalf on Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

:wave: It is good to hear from you after almost five months! I was beginning to worry. :think: :dontknow:

PROGRESS! The Corvair parts look great. As I said before, it is almost a shame to hide them by putting the car back together. They look so good on display! :whoa: :clap:

Please continue to make some noise once in a while, so we know how you are doing. :tu: ::-):
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

dammm 5 months already pffff :redface: didn't realised that :doh:

Times flies when you having fun hahaha or bussy at work and other less funny stuff, AND REALLY COLD WINTERS BRRRRR

but from now more and sooner progress :woo:

but i was some months saving money for a usa roadtrip and to visiting the corvair convention!

i'm staying by JT corvairs - take a week roadtrip to south dakota and from JT corvairs to Kalamazoo :woo:
Last edited by TikiRalf on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

The powder coating looks great! I like the blue myself.

Will you have a rental car for your road trip or going with friends?
Jeremy (cad-kid)
Kronenwetter, WI (Central Wisconsin)
SOLD 9-2016 65 Monza 4spd/140
My 65 Monza thread
:soapbox: My YouTube page
TikiRalf
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by TikiRalf »

cad-kid wrote:The powder coating looks great! I like the blue myself.

Will you have a rental car for your road trip or going with friends?
thanks i'm verry happy with the powdercoat.

I have rent a car for 1 week when i do this roadtrip, and to the corvair convetion in kalamazoo i drive with John and Teresa *lucky me :tu:

*rental car is the smalles and cheapest, chevrolet aveo, it has 4 wheels and a steering wheel, and it is still bigger than my car hahahaha

Return to “Member's Rides, Projects, and Builds”