Corvair Enthusiasts 'HALL of FAME" recognition

Corvair Society of America discussion, questions, feedback, ideas
1966-Corsa-GT-180

Corvair Enthusiasts 'HALL of FAME" recognition

Post by 1966-Corsa-GT-180 »

Let's discuss the possibility of creating a Corvair "HALL of FAME" Recognition.
This would include Enthusiasts from all areas of involvement who have helped bring positive recognition to the Corvair.
IMHO, this would include persons both living and dead. Persons who have made a difference whether members of CORSA or not.
This would include obvious people such as Edward N. Cole, Don Yenko, Frank Winchell, Donna Mae Mimms, Richard Langworth, Dave Newell, Bob Helt, Tony Fiore, Larry Claypool, Harry Jensen and Mike McGowan, etc...
Would also include persons such as Tom Keosababian - Worlds Fastest Corvair, Sonny Balcaen - IECO, Bill Fisher - How to Hotrod Corvairs, Richard Finch of How to keep your Corvair alive, James Reeve, Jerry Thompson - SCCA National "DP" Champion 1967, Larry Shinoda, Ned Nickels, Jim Musser, and more of GM, etc, ect.

Recognition would include displays in our Corvair Museum, CORSA website pages, Communique articles, etc.

I would like to encourage this to be a "Enthusiasts Award" Organized, and awarded by a committee of Enthusiasts that choose to be involved in this.
Our CORSA BoD has plenty on our plate, and the way I see it, this award would have more value as an effort by Enthusiasts.
Let's discuss this, and ask for volunteers to help make this happen. We will need an initial Chairperson - who would like to take this up?
Danny Davis driving "air cooled" since the 1960s...
Pierce County, Washington, U.S.A. (near Tacoma) 2O6-643-67I8
Corvairs NorthWest, North Cascades Corvairs, Corvanatics, CORSA Western Director
whubbell

Re: Corvair Enthusiasts 'HALL of FAME" recognition

Post by whubbell »

Some issues to consider:

What are the rules of eligibility -
- any person or only CORSA members?
- dead or alive (I prefer we can have people recognized while still alive but also still recognize those who have passed)
- level of achievement attained (not sure how to define this, but is it enough to have simply held a position or started something or are we looking for a more significant or lasting achievement?)
- limits on number admitted - is it an annual thing, etc.?
- Range of Impact - is a strong local impact enough or do we require an impact on a larger level?

How selected? Who can nominate, how often, who makes final determination, etc.

How recognized? (Plaque on wall of museum, name in Communique, award to individuals or surviving family, etc.)

Bill Hubbell
Bill Hubbell
President, Stock Corvair Group
dave t

Post by dave t »

I nominate Bob Helt

Sent from my [device_name] using Corvair Forum mobile app

davemotohead
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by davemotohead »

I am thinking making up too many rules would be counter productive, Most of us dedicated Corvair folks know who the legends are and a Hall of Fame should be started with those legends included right off the bat, And then we can discuss if Chickens can be Considered?? :cool:
Attachments
Chicken 072.jpg
terribleted

Post by terribleted »

That is a finely feathered diagnosis tech you got there Dave:)
Corvair guy since 1982. I have personally restored at least 20 Vairs, many of them restored ground up.
Currently working full time repairing Corvairs and restoring old cars.
https://www.facebook.com/tedsautorestoration/

Located in Snellville, Georgia
toytron

Post by toytron »

One vote for the garage chicken

Ed Stevenson

Edwin Stevenson
Industrial Electrician
Electronics Technician
65 corvair corsa convertible turbo
65 corvair monza