Corvair Farmers Insurance Commercial.

Anything Corvair related
Scott H
Site Admin

Corvair Farmers Insurance Commercial.

Post by Scott H »

Show an early on fire and a late model made into a fireplace.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvair Forum mobile app
Scott
1960 Monza Coupe
1965 Evening Orchid Corsa Turbo (project)
1961 Rampside (project)
1964 Spyder coupe (patina car, running)
1964 faux Spyder (project/parts car)
1964 Monza (parts car)
1963 Monza (parts car)
SyntheticBlnkerFluid

Re: Corvair Farmers Insurance Commercial.

Post by SyntheticBlnkerFluid »

I thought it was funny.

1968 Monza 140 4-Speed Posi

Rob
Chebanse, IL
66vair

Post by 66vair »

Do you have a link to it? I'd like to see it. Can't seem to find it.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Corvair Forum mobile app

bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

Not available yet as a YouTube listing, but here is a link for the Farmers Corvair ad...

Image :link: https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wK6W/farmers-in ... hot-mascot

:torch: :omgosh: :extinguisher:
Farmers Commercial - Burning Corvair in Parade (1a).jpg
Farmers Commercial - Burning Corvair in Parade (2a).jpg
Farmers Commercial - Burning Corvair in Parade (3a).jpg
Farmers Commercial - Burning Corvair in Parade (4a).jpg
Farmers Commercial - Burning Corvair in Parade (5a).jpg
Farmers Commercial - Burning Corvair in Parade (6a).jpg
Farmers Commercial - Burning Corvair in Parade (7a).jpg
Farmers Commercial - Burning Corvair in Parade (8a).jpg
Farmers Commercial - Burning Corvair in Parade (9).jpg
Strange that the 1963 convertible in the parade became the back end of a 1965 Late Model Corvair for the museum trophy!
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
topless65

Post by topless65 »

This is what happens when 1 hand doesn't talk to the other. Script probably said "corvair on fire". Or the Film crew couldn't get any LM owner to sign up for parade shots.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Corvair Forum mobile app

1969 Corvair Monza coupe, lost to the stupidity of youth
1966 Corvair Monza convertible 4spd almost finished
Heavus

Post by Heavus »

Pretty good likeness in the fireplace, lights are funny but cool commercial for Corvair fans.

66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

A number of folks on other forums were not happy about Farmer's using Corvairs. Apparently Farmers Insurance got the message since the commercial has been revised so the parade car is only shown in closeups making it hard to identify and the fireplace on the wall has revised tail lights, no longer round like a LM Corvair.

Apparently big companies do listen to complaints.
SyntheticBlnkerFluid

Post by SyntheticBlnkerFluid »

66vairguy wrote:A number of folks on other forums were not happy about Farmer's using Corvairs. Apparently Farmers Insurance got the message since the commercial has been revised so the parade car is only shown in closeups making it hard to identify and the fireplace on the wall has revised tail lights, no longer round like a LM Corvair.

Apparently big companies do listen to complaints.
I’ve discussed this with other Corvair Owners, and we’re pretty sure GM got involved. They still own the licensing for the Corvair and the trademarking as well. I don’t think they’d go through the hassle of digitally editing the commercial over a handful of Corvair Owners who got their knickers in a twist over it.

1968 Monza 140 4-Speed Posi

Rob
Chebanse, IL
66vairguy

Post by 66vairguy »

SyntheticBlnkerFluid wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:45 pm I’ve discussed this with other Corvair Owners, and we’re pretty sure GM got involved. They still own the licensing for the Corvair and the trademarking as well. I don’t think they’d go through the hassle of digitally editing the commercial over a handful of Corvair Owners who got their knickers in a twist over it.

That is possible, but it's standard procedure to have the lawyers check on trademark/licensing issues. Either someone goofed or the images were too uniquely Corvair (even with the emblems removed). The digital redo seems to have addressed the issue, regardless of who objected.
skipvair

Post by skipvair »

I thought it was cool they used a Corvair. When’s the last time you saw one in a commercial? They could have used anything and disguised it like the Allstate commercials. I don’t tweet people complaining about the Shoebox cars they use to make couches etc. when people part the cars out it isn’t a big deal. The whole US has seen a Corvair in a commercial for the first time in 48 years. Just giving a different perspective.

Frank Metasavage

65 Corsa 140 4 speed with Weber IDAs
66 Corsa 140 4 speed Stock
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

The first two images below were from the ORIGINAL Farmers TV advertisement. The third image is a pair of captured pictures from the REVISED ad. It shows that the wheel covers on the EM Corvair in the parade have been changed so that they are no longer Corvair wheel covers. It also shows that the gold LM (1965) Corvair at the end has had its taillights modified so that they are rectangular and no longer Corvair taillights!

The current full video is now on YouTube and is shown below, with all of the edited Corvair mods in full display...

Farmers Corvair Ad.jpg

The original video of the commercial (with the unmodified Corvairs) can still be viewed at the following link...

Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Trip

Post by Trip »

Well, my only real complaint is that this commercial furthers one of the many Corvair myths. I think the reason some people think the Corvair is infamous for engine fires is myth cross-pollination from the Fiero. =P Incidentally, the Fiero fire reputation isn't very well deserved either, the problem only affected a small run of cars from the first model year.

Also, this is not the first modern commercial featuring a Corvair, and the other one didn't carry any negative connotation. =D It does take a sharp eye to catch the Corvair though...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29n_RIfOEU0

I'm a loyal "Dark Temptation" user as a result. =P
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 Turbocharged coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's)
See them here: https://tinyurl.com/ydc7txrf
jimsmith2354

Post by jimsmith2354 »

bbodie52 wrote:The first two images below were from the ORIGINAL Farmers TV advertisement. The third image is a pair of captured pictures from the REVISED ad. It shows that the wheel covers on the EM Corvair in the parade have been changed so that they are no longer Corvair wheel covers. It also shows that the gold LM (1965) Corvair at the end has had its taillights modified so that they are rectangular and no longer Corvair taillights!

The current full video is now on YouTube and is shown below, with all of the edited Corvair mods in full display...

Farmers Corvair Ad.jpg

The original video of the commercial (with the unmodified Corvairs) can still be viewed at the following link...

:link: https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wK6W/farmers-in ... hot-mascot
They are now running that commercial around here, but I doubt that most people catch what the car is. Of all my years of driving Corvairs, I never had an engine fire. Vega yes. Corvair no.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Return to “Corvair Talk”