NEW CORVAIR MUSEUM UPDATE

Anything Corvair related
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

NEW CORVAIR MUSEUM UPDATE

Post by bbodie52 »

From Facebook, FYI...
Eva McGuire wrote:NEW CORVAIR MUSEUM UPDATE: Our Grand Opening for our new Corvair Museum will take place on May 18-20, 2018... Mark your calendars so you can participate in this historical weekend celebrating this momentous occasion which includes a ribbon cutting ceremony, car show, and more. We are currently looking for a host hotel and will keep you updated. Spread the word to your Corvair friends. In the mean time, you're in for a treat. Here are some photos inside the museum located at the Chevy Hall of Fame in Decatur, Illinois . It is currently open for visits but we hope you will join us as a Corvair community at the grand opening. A big thank you to all those who helped to make this possible including all the volunteers. (Thanks to CPF President, Mike Hall, and John Tucker, Jr. for the photos)
Eva McGuire, CPF Publicist
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
Bruins_Fan
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: NEW CORVAIR MUSEUM UPDATE

Post by Bruins_Fan »

Lol, I see a Chevette! My first car in high school was an '84 Chevette. That was one underpowered car!
'66 Monza Convertible 110hp Powerglide
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

Holy cow. This looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Steve
1961 Corvair 700 Sedan (80hp 3spd Gasoline Heat)
Trip

Post by Trip »

Man, that's a long drive for me =(. Looks great! The Doug Roe car, #5999, Fisher Body #6001, the Super Monza, and some of the crazier customs we've all seen on the internets, all in one place! It would be cool to see the Carl Sagan Spyder there too, though I don't blame the owner a bit if he doesn't want to ship it off.
Ray "Trip" Rodriguez III
Gouldsboro, PA
66 Corsa 140 coupe
65 Corsa 180 Turbocharged coupe
64 Monza Convertible
61 Air conditioned Monza coupe (Missy's)
See them here: https://tinyurl.com/ydc7txrf
CorvairCon65

Post by CorvairCon65 »

Maybe my next holiday will be in Illinois!

We too had a Chevette (Vauxhall) in the UK in the 1970's which was generally underpowered (we called it the Vauxhall Shove-it)...
MathewCox

Post by MathewCox »

I've so many mixed reviews about the Chevette lol! Some people love it, some folks hate it. The horsepower was always an issue, and from what I heard the carburetor had to be changed often. On the other hand though, some people enjoy the feel of not being overwhelmed by the horsepower.... Can't say I can relate to that lol! On another note, I would have loved to make that grand opening!

Mathew Cox
College Station Tx Towing

Return to “Corvair Talk”