clutch pedal

All Models and Years
Mbrannon64

clutch pedal

Post by Mbrannon64 »

Hi all
so dad and I got our new clutch ,pressure plate , throwout bearing and snout replaced and that fixed our shifting issue .but as I was getting back from the test drive as I was backing in the garage the clutch pedal fell off and I'm not sure what holds it in there. It's a 64 monza put the page in clarks doesn't really match my setup I'm going to try to post some pics and hopefully some here can help me

Thanks,
20170911_125850.jpg
Attachments
20170911_125720.jpg
20170911_125631.jpg
20170911_125600.jpg
Mbrannon64

Re: clutch pedal

Post by Mbrannon64 »

The second and third pics show one with the pedal in place and the other the hole where the pedal goes through. The pedal still had the bushings, shelve and and snap ring in place
Mbrannon64

Post by Mbrannon64 »

OK after further investigation I see where the weld broke on the pedal bracket. Took off the 3 bracket bolts and took the part to a friend to have it welded back together for me . Still not sure why the snap ring is able to pass right through the hole where it is supposed to attach. But when I figure it out I will update the post so maybe I can help another Newbie like myself. Since I'm on my own
ordered new bushings and snap ring.

Thanks Mike
Wagon Master

Post by Wagon Master »

In my opinion you should have also removed the brake pedal and had the pivot tube reinforce welded to it's pedal. That one's kind of important too.
Mbrannon64

Post by Mbrannon64 »

Thanks for letting me know. I could not tell it was welded there also. The hole must have become enlarged also since the snap ring passes right through the hole which I assume holds it place. So I will have to figure out another way to secure it.
I appreciate your input
Mbrannon64

Post by Mbrannon64 »

Agian Thanks wagon master
got everything welded up and reinstalled running and shifting best a corvair can. So dad says
been fun working on the car with dad he loves these things . He was a chevy mechanic when these where new and owned 5 different ones back in the day

Return to “Ask your Mechanical Questions here”