New New Member!

New to the site? Introduce yourself here.
TomReinmueller

New New Member!

Post by TomReinmueller »

Hello.Im a new member! Tom Reinmueller is the name..got my first Corvair back in '83!
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Re: New New Member!

Post by bbodie52 »

:wave: :welcome2: Welcome to the Corvair Forum!

Do you currently own a Corvair? If you have a Corvair, do you do your own maintenance on it?

The following Corvair Forum link can provide you with a list of useful websites that should be helpful as a Corvair owner...

Common and Useful Corvair Websites

Corvair Forum :link: viewtopic.php?f=225&t=6007

:dontknow: I would like to invite you to expand on your initial post and tell us more about yourself, your Corvair, etc. If you can describe your personal assessment of your mechanical skills and abilities, that would help a lot. Members of the Corvair Forum love to be helpful in assisting other Corvair owners with technical support and advice, but it helps a lot if we have some understanding of your technical background and mechanical abilities, your Corvair-related knowledge, etc. Helping us to know more about you and your Corvair will help us to write comments to you that are tailored to your needs and experience. Pictures are great too, because pictures of your Corvair will help us to visualize where you are with your Corvair and its condition at the present time. Knowing your geographic location is also useful, because knowing where you live can sometimes suggest possibilities to resolve some issues or problems.

:welcome:
Brad Bodie
Lake Chatuge, North Carolina
Image 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible
TomReinmueller

Post by TomReinmueller »

I live in Toronto Canada..57 years old..worked in a machine shop for a few years back in the early eighties but then switched to Construction field. Ive owned3 Corvairs, a 63 Monza..and 62, 700,and a 62 4door. Havent owned one since 2000.Im looking to get a project car for this winter.I was a member of Corsa Montreal in '85 with my old friend Mr.Andrew Golt who many of you know as UGLYTRUK on this forum and Corvairwild on YouTube.Over the years I guess I had my hand on to pretty much everything Corvair except bodywork.I thought I was over it but recently Ive been smitten once more .Its so amazing to have the new communicative tools such as this forum to connect with members compared to the old monthly newsletter back in the day..!LoL! I even paid a visit to Andrew(who now lives in upstate NY ) recently to check out a 63 4 door he pulled back from Arizona...I cud go on and on....
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

There was recently what appeared to be a clean 1965 Corvair 500 sedan for sale on eBay in Orleans, Ontario, Canada (about 260 miles from you). It apparently did not sell and the listing has ended. I thought I would mention it just in case you are interested. It may still be possible to contact the seller via eBay by viewing the eBay listing at the following link…

:link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Chevrolet- ... true&rt=nc
Up for sale is a beautiful 1965 Corvair 500 with 51000 original miles. It has the original six-cylinder 110 hp rear-mounted engine. It's in excellent condition. It was painted about 15 years ago and it still looks good. No rust or bubbles on the body. The frame and underbody are solid. All the chrome is there and in perfect condition with no pitting. Same with the glass, perfect condition with no chips or scratches. All the gauges work. Headliner is in great shape. Seats and door panels were redone about 15 years ago. The car runs great and drives down the road like it came out of the showroom back in '65. No clunks or funny sounds in the front end. I have an 1985 appraisal on the car that shows it had 25000 original miles on it. Original hubcaps and owner's manual is included.

Brad Bodie
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I discovered today that the above Corvair has been relisted on ebay :link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/162608538413?ul_noapp=true

NOW: $8,500.00
Was: $5,600.00

In other words, the asking price has jumped to what was likely the hidden "RESERVE" minimum price. However, the new listing has added a "Make Offer" button to allow room for negotiation.

Brad Bodie
TomReinmueller

Post by TomReinmueller »

Wow! Looks amazing! But Im strictly an early model guy! LOL!! But that one sure is nice...
TomReinmueller

Post by TomReinmueller »

Hey Brad ,when possible can u help me with the smilies? I can't seem to drag them into the dialogue box..it says my flash is off..what do I do to get it to work?
bbodie52
Corvair of the Month
Corvair of the Month

Post by bbodie52 »

I have owned 10 Corairs in my family over the years (since 1961). About half of them were EM (1961-1963 coupes and convertibles) and the other half were 1965-1966 coupes and convertibles. I currently own a 1966 Corsa convertible, but I would love to add an EM passenger car, a LM sedan, and perhaps a Greenbrier or Rampside to the mix! I just thought that clean LM in Canada would interest you.
TomReinmueller wrote:Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:06 am

Hey Brad ,when possible can u help me with the smilies? I can't seem to drag them into the dialogue box..it says my flash is off..what do I do to get it to work?
Make sure you choose "POST REPLY' and not "QUICK REPLY" so that you are using the full editor. To embed some Smilies, just position your cursor where you want it in the text body and click on the desired Smilie. It should appear as a word surrounded by a colon on each end, like ":tu:" or ":coolphotos:"
:tu: or :coolphotos: The actual images won't appear until you click on Preview or Submit.

Screenshot.jpg

The FLASH IS OFF error message relates to the installaton of Adobe Flash Player on your computer. it may have something to do with your Web Browser (Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) If Adobe Flash Player is not installed on your PC, click on...
:link: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Brad Bodie
TomReinmueller

Post by TomReinmueller »

k thx Brad.. ill chi that asap...
TomReinmueller

Post by TomReinmueller »

:ty: K Brad.. i was dragging in the icon.. but now I just clicked on it..It works!
TomReinmueller

Post by TomReinmueller »

Ive been trying to register on the Corvair Society of America website but repeatedly it won't allow me...there is a notice on Google search that says the site may be hacked...does anyone else know about this?
TomReinmueller

Post by TomReinmueller »

/Users/thomasreinmueller/Desktop/IMG_4508.jpg/Users/thomasreinmueller/Desktop/IMG_4471.jpg/Users/thomasreinmueller/Desktop/IMG_4393.jpg/Users/thomasreinmueller/Desktop/IMG_4390.jpg some advice would be appreciated...im looking at this Corvair only because its located only an hour away from me...its a 61... it runs ...pretty well.. but is definitely a project car...the fellow is asking $3000.00 CDN... for it...what do you think it really is worth? and is it even worthwhile to take this on to restore?..any comments from anyone will be appreciated....thx....Tom
TomReinmueller

Post by TomReinmueller »

hello.everyone...how do I post pics?...
TomReinmueller

Post by TomReinmueller »

:chevy: /Users/thomasreinmueller/Desktop/IMG_4390.jpg :chevy:
TomReinmueller

Post by TomReinmueller »

to post ics do I drag n drop? or what?
TomReinmueller

Post by TomReinmueller »

Heres the Corvair im looking at...yes its Canadian...lol... what do ya ll think?
Attachments
IMG_4390.jpg
IMG_4393.jpg
IMG_4471.jpg
IMG_4508.jpg

Return to “Introductions”